DK2 Pile'O Skulls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 Pile'O Skulls ?

Splawnguitars is selling the DK2 with the Pile'O Skulls graphic? This has to be a new graphic for 2003, although this is the first place I've seen one. Besides, they change the hardware and sell it with black instead of chrome!!!

Here's the pic :

Well, we've been asking for new graphics on imports, this could be a nice start... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Re: DK2 Pile\'O Skulls ?

That is fabulous! It's not as detailed as the USA version, of course, but it's very nice to see it on an *affordable* model (average-Joe/Jane-affordable, not "Hi, I have money/resources out the ass affordable")

I definitely plan on getting a KE3 with that graphic if they make it available.

Black hardware does look better on that graphic.

They could make it look soooo much better if they'd pre-print it with a computer on a laminate like they did the photo-flames a few years ago.
    Got this pic outta the Archives at Jackson - notice there's no holes and no body depth on the edges? It's an overlay! Hmmmmm.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
      That pile o' skulls graphic looks pretty badly done in the picture.

I think you'd be better off buying a Swirl finish or of course, a HRF.

[ January 25, 2003, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: kunal ]

Comment

I think it's very cool of Jackson to make it available on an affordable guitar too! Like NewC said.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But it looks pretty bad in comparison to the USA pile o' skulls.

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Occording to Splawn's site, they've put the black hardware on, and that trem is an FR2.

They've done it on a Crimson Swirl DK2 as well:

"Jackson DK2 Crimson Swirl modified w/ black Floyd Rose II and black hardware."

But, it does mean that they're putting new finishes on imports, which is a good thing. Also, there's the Cobalt Blue Swirl on the DKMG and DKMGT, which I think they've brought back, cos it wasn't on the site before (well, it still isn't...)

Comment

Check the new price list on www.jacksonguitars.com
            Its all there.

Comment

cool.. the DXMG is available in gun metal grey! cool.. don'' t really like those skulls.. looks a bit cheap.. it's also available on the Ke3..

I can't wait to see the new sites go online.. BC Rich NJ series with speedloaders.. the new jackson line.. the new ESP line.. I can't wait!

Comment

Now I'm in "female mode" - I don't know what to buy, and in what color/finish. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That Crimson Swirl DK2 looks really, really good!

Comment

Does the cutout at the back of the Trem on the DK2 Skulls look a little big? It doesn`t look as big on the DK2 Swirl. Jack.

Comment

the trem routs are the same, the trems are different. I believe the first is a FR2 and the second, an OFR
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Those skulls look pretty cheesy!
                        [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here is my POS on my SL1. You can see a big difference is graphics, but this one cost a lot more.

[ January 31, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
                          www.godwentpunk.com
                          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Those skulls look pretty cheesy!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with RacerX on that one [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Buy a plain black one and let Dan L. do the real deal.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah, the skulls look cheaply done. Anyone have a pic or link to the cobalt blue swirl ?

Comment

Working...
                              X