Model 1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1 question

I am looking for specs on the model 1....what years where they made...were they really made in Fort Worth TX or are they Japanese models....what would be a fair price on one with case these days...I found one that has some bad chips...bright red...$379.00

Re: Model 1 question

Bad chips?? $379??...waaaaaay overpriced....check out ebay, there's always one or two on there....they were made in Japan 86-88. Nice guitars but not for that much in that condition.

Comment

I got my dead mint Model 1A for about that much in AUSTRALIAN dollars!(that works out to about $1.50 US) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Vic is right - they're asking way too much for a beat up example.

BTW no guitars were built in Fort Worth. It's where the corporate headquarters are (or were) based and so was used on the neckplates for the Japanese guitars. Ft Worth = Japanese
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Lots of these go for around $200 with case, and that's a great deal. Maybe up to $250, but $379 seems far off even if it were mint. They are well built - made in Japan, but with quality hardware and pickups.

Comment

There's always a couple on Ebay at any given time. I bought mine for $225 w/case and it has a few dings, but nothing bad. Usually $200-$250 is the norm, with some near mint examples going w/case for about $300 or so. Great guitars for the price.

Comment

Working...
          X