JJ4 Scott Ian model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ4 Scott Ian model

Does anyone have the specs on these or know where to find them?A natural burst finish one just turned up in a local shop and I think I'll score it tomorrow.It plays great.Whats the proper use of the kill switch?I didn't plug in but I was told the only problem is that the kill just buzzes when you hit it.Should be easy enough to fix.Also,how are the SD's in them?Good or need to be swaped out?Any other input from current or previous owners would be great too.
    Thanks,..Chris
    My Gear

Re: JJ4 Scott Ian model

SD? Are you SURE they're SEYMOUR Duncans and not Duncan Designed? A JJ4 should have Duncan Designs unless the pups have been replaced. The kill switch is a momentary switch that cuts the signal off completely. JJ4's were made in both Japan and India. AVOID THE INDIAN BUILT GUITARS. Check the serial number. IIRC, the JJ's from Japan had a six digit serial that started with J. I could be mistaken. But, the Indian made ones will have an 8 digit number.

Comment

Well,I picked it up yesterday.Your right,Duncan Designed with chrome rings and it's Japanese.Incredible player and I love the simple set up,1 vol and a toggle.Plus the kill switch which works fine.Any ideas on aprox. age?It has the black and white ransom logo.I haven't taken the Duncans for a serious road test yet but they seem decent.Any opinions on them?
      My Gear

Comment

I'm suprised I was able to find this thread.
        Well,almost 3 years later here's the follow up.
        Other than having to address the usual factory issues like fret ends,bridge to board radius and setting the nut up correctly this is a excellent guitar for the money.
        The pup's seemed to deteriate at loud volumes so I dropped in a pair of Dimarzio Supers for the first year.
        I then put in some PAF's and she was designated my open G guitar for the next 1 1/2 years.
        Now I'm going the EMG route(81/85) and using her as my drop D axe.
        She may not get as much use as some of my main guitars but she's a keeper.
        I do have to say though that it won the award for the worst factory nut I,ve ever seen.An easy fix but still....they didn't even try.Or they have a Happy Hour right there in the factory.
        Ibanez is the winner for saddest excuse for a fret job on a '94 Korean IC300 Iceman
        My Gear

Comment

Working...
        X