Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors

Hi guys,
    I'm going to buy a Warrior once I've scraped the money together, and it looks like it'll be a WRMG (unless I find a better used one). The XT is not an option for me, I want those Piranha inlays badly (I think the missing sharkfin on the 24th fret makes the fretboard look "incomplete"), and black hardware is also a huge plus-point in my book, but the basswood body makes me ponder whether it sounds like crap and/or falls apart as soon as they take slight "abuse" - like some BC Rich imports... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Warriors

Anyone?

Comment

I had a Fusion Plus for almost nine years, and she never let me down. Body was baswood and she sounded really good.

Of course I've never been the "abuse your guitar" kind of guy...

I like the WRMG too, but I just can't find a use for the TurboCharger or whatever they call it...

Keep on rockin' [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I almost forgot I created this thread. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I'm by no means someone who trashes his guitar, but with a body shape like the Warrior has it's rather likely to bump into something (table etc). That's happened to me with my Ironbird and to a friend of mine with his guitar, both are made of basswood and couldn't cope well with the bumping, another guy I know has problems with the strap buttons coming out of the wood... that's why I ask. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        A reverse headstock would be the icing on the cake, it'd look REALLY badass then. If I really don't like the PUs, I'll just put some Duncans or Lawrences in... I'll get one in Cobalt Blue then [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        Chuck's guitar is a BC Rich Stealth in case you didn't know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The Warior's tips don't extend out that far, so the only way you'd bump into something while playing it is if you were in a closet full of furniture.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok. I didn't know that it's rather small, the only "large" Jackson I found in a store was a Kelly.
            Thanks for replying btw [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Did you sell your warrior newc? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The Warrior is smaller in person than the Kelly, and I think it feels better and balances better. My Kelly isn't neck heavy, but the body seems to tilt outward from my stomach and I have to put the strap over the top of the body to pull it back in better position. I would definitely go with a Warrior!!
                Now, if Newc's had black bevels on it, maybe I could deal a little easier with that pearl red color. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

never tryed the warrior mg but I have tryed those ltd kelly wana be's that esp makes and they have those emghz's in em and those pickups sound way better than the dd 103's or the dd 104's or the dd 102's , for metal man I would leave those emghz's in for a while and try em out ! but the warrior mg should totally do you some justice man !!! I'd get one if I had the cash [trans green] //Steve

Comment

to bad they don't have reverse head stocks on em it would be jackson's closest guitar that looks like [even better than] Chuck Schuldiner's guitar , then I'd get a blk one . //Steve

Comment

oh and by the way they definatly won't sound like crap I'll put 1 hundred bucks on it !!! //Steve

Comment

Hmmm, I thought I was the only one suffering from
                        fat-gut-tilts-Kelly-away-itis! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep, the Warrior Pro is sold.

As for gut-tilting, raise it up to "shred position" so it tilts the guitar backwards [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X