Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to determine production date of an import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine production date of an import?

I have a Rhoads Pro with serial number J303045. Does Jackson have any serial list for imports where i can check the production year/date?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: How to determine production date of an import?

I'm also interested in this to finally be able to correctly identify my bolt-on RR. My theory is that it's a '97 RR3, but unlike the current RR3's it has black hardware/pickguard and no upside down inlays (mine has standard sharkfins).

My only lead so far is that, according to the mother-of-all-info-pages (which now is gone), no other bolt-on RR model came in metallic black - and the RR3 only had that finish for '97.

Unless it's a parts mutt...

'bane

Comment

I think the first number after the J is the year.
      That seems to be the common link between the models.
      J3xxxxx would be 1993.
      As for month, can't say.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        I think the first number after the J is the year.
        That seems to be the common link between the models.
        J3xxxxx would be 1993.

Newc
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bought mine new in 1997 but the guitar could probably had been circled between shops for 4 years before getting sold. Not much market here in DK for such a guitar.

Do you base your assumptions on reading peoples comments or have you made any inquiry yourself?
        Henrik

Comment

Newc's right. But, let's understand that this scheme refers to the early neck through Pro models. I have several from 1990, and the first digit after the J on each is a zero. I also have a 1994 Kelly neck through Pro where the first number after the J is a four. And I have some Soloist Pros from 1991 with a one after the J. I also recently sold my Archtop Soloist Pro which had a zero after the J, indicating 1990 production. We have not been able to determine the pattern for the remaining 5 numbers. Nor have we precisely determined the bolt on numbering scheme. Seems like many were serialized out of order and didn't even start at zero, but rather 220000 or thereabouts. Like I said, I don't know if this scheme changed after the first run of Jackson Professionals, so your Rhoads might not apply, and being that it's bolted on, not sure it would matter in that regard.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Man, you guys are loaded with information. I have had a hard time finding Jackson info, but joining JCF sure cured that!
            A little off topic, i can see newc and charvel750 has got some low JCF Member # but you joined only late last year. Is this forum fresh new?

Just to correct things: my Rhoads is neck through [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Henrik

Comment

Yeah, the JCF changed forum systems around late last year. =)

'bane

Comment

You want low numbers, feast your eyes on me! Mwahahahaha!

*please no one else with a lower number reply, this is all I have [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] * lmao

Comment

sorry, Dumpy. I couldn't help myself [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Look at me, I'm number 3. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X