Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practical difference between RR3 & RX10D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical difference between RR3 & RX10D?

I read the specs on the RX10D and the RR3, so I know the technical differences between the two guitars, but why the price difference? Is it the pickups? I would guess the RR3 is supposed to be the "better" of the two, but the RX10D actually has some features I like better, such as no control plate, std not reverse inlays, and matched headstock finish.

Anyone care to offer an opinion?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Practical difference between RR3 & RX10D?

Pickups and wood.

[EDIT] My bad, I thought that the RX10D used poplar.

[ January 17, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Aaron Fox ]

Comment

RX10d has HB103's and the RR3 has Detonators. RX10D doesn't have a pickguard, RR3 does. RX10D has a single volume and a switch. RR3 has two volumes, a tone, and a switch. Both are made in Japan and both are made of Alder.

*EDIT
      As for the price difference, the older RX10D's were made in India. The newer ones are made in Japan but limited to only black, IIRC.

[ January 17, 2003, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

I actually like the RX10D better.. I hate that pickgard on the Rhoads models.. and th one volume knob is cool too..

Too bad they both have CHROME hardware [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

To After Forever:

I know you hate chrome hardware... at least the finish doesn't rub off! I have a trans-green DKMGT w/ black hardware, and the paint is already flaking off the bridge. My pride and joy axe is a 2001 alpine white Gibson EDS-1275 (SG doubleneck)with GOLD hardware, and I'm terrified to think of what that hardware will look like in 10 years.

Chrome just seems to be the most durable.

- E.

[ January 17, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
          X