Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pot replacements? (KVX10)

Hey guys,
    The volume pot on my 2004 MIJ KVX10 is starting to go. What are a couple good replacement pot mfr & model numbers? Also, I want a different input jack (Rhoads style jack in the upper horn) so discuss that too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm detail-oriented, so let's have pics and or links and cost estimates. I'd like a quality smooth pot, like in my USA Jacksons. CTS?

Also discuss the 250/500 thing (the ratings) and if you think it is necessary going with a different value. The KVX10 is currently my main axe, and Ace will be modding it in the future, so I want some quality but not expensive parts in there. My style is thrash / extreme metal.

Thanks!

Also, I will be using the black knobs from my DXMG, if that makes a difference. I'm a newbie when it comes to electronics, so I wanna get the stuff and just give it all to Ace and have him put it all together.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Best pot replacements? (KVX10)

Here's the cheapest place I've found for parts and their shipping charge isn't quite as much as other places either!

I'm not familiar with the pups in the KVX, but I would think 500K would be the way to go.
    http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/elec_pots.html
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Cool, thanks Chris!

The stock pups are Duncan Designed humbuckers, but a Duncan Distortion is going in the bridge position.

Comment

Probably #GN0086EL-500, the first one on the page. The split shaft will work fine with the stock knobs. The solid shaft #EP0886-000 may work as well, but I have run into solid shaft pots with shafts being to large in diameter for the holes on the knobs.....uh...that sounded kinda funny.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I think that's because many solid shaft pots are US 1/4" and most import guitars use metric 6mm? split shafts. 1/4 is slightly larger.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I swear by rsguitarworks pot upgrade kits.You get matched cts pots 500k+ and an RS/ hoveland guitar cap.This is a new capasitor designed for electric guitars.Hoveland makes high end caps for very expensive audio equipment.
            check out rsguitarworks.net and give them a call.There are quite a few big name artists using there kits.
            The kits really open up a Les Paul and give you tone to work with.If you want big usable tone try them out.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ron, when you said "Best pot replacements" I couldn't help but think of this site! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              http://www.herbalsmokeshop.com/
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey mm, I'm glad you posted in here...aren'[t you also a dealer?

Of electronics parts I mean heh heh

PM me

Comment

Working...
                X