Archtop Soloist Pro colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archtop Soloist Pro colors

What were all the colors offered? I bought a blue one recently that is WAAAAYYYY darker than it was in the pics, and had some dings and dents and damage that the seller never told me about. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

So, I'm getting the whole thing refinned except for the headstock face, which is perfect... was wondering what colors these came in. So far, I've seen (all trans colors, btw)

Amber (or yellow, whichever you prefer)
    Cherry Sunburst
    Blue (too friggin dark)

I'm trying to figure out a good color, but I would like to keep it a factory color... then again, who knows, maybe it would be cool to have a non-factory one. hm. Was curious tho as to what colors were offered.

Pete

Re: Archtop Soloist Pro colors

Red, Blue, Amber, and Cherry burst is all I know of. I'd suggest a non-factory color, purple, green, natural and of course a lighter shade of blue. I've had the desire to do the same myself, just havent gotten the nerve to go yet. My red is so dark, the flame is non-existant, but there is a pretty nice top there. I'd like to have it light stained in black to accent the flame, then trans it some candy color. hmmm [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, on my cherryburst the flame is there, but I think they didn't have enough 'trans' in the finish or something.. it's almost opaque in spots. We'll have to see how my refin goes. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm starting to lean towards Chlorine or tobaccoburst personally...

pete

Comment

Audiophile has it right. According to the 1990-91 catalog trans amber, red, blue, and cherry sunburst are the only options listed. Pete, before you consider a refinish, how about selling her to me? It's a trem model, right? Then you could use my $ to get another color that you'd prefer and not have to deface/refinish that one...

Joe
        [email protected]
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

OK, Pete, thanks for letting me know. We all want to see it when completed.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe -

Really, you wouldn't want to pay what I have in her, and she has two dings through the paint (not denting the wood, but the finish is totally gone there). Also has a small corner of the back of the headstock broken off... things that the rat bastard didn't tell me about at all.

Plus I'm having the person who did my orange bengal refin it - she did work for some custom guitar shops here in Tulsa, and does great work. I'm not worried about her 'defacing' the guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll have pics when she's finished...

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X