Volume pot help!?!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume pot help!?!???

I've got a problem on my Abyss 7 string. If I crank the volume all the way 'till it stops, The guitar cuts out. If I back the volume off a little, it's fine. In my band, I don't have time to fine tune the volume every time I use it with all our starts and stops, so I need to fix it. Is this a bad pot? Is this fixable without a new pot? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Re: Volume pot help!?!???

Charlz, I suppose you mean there isn't any sound anymore when the volume pot is turned at his max position?

Comment

Yes, if any sound, it's quiet and 'crackly'.
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Toss it. It might be repairable, but you can get a high quality pot for $5 so why bother.

I buy my pots from Black Rose Customs (don't know the url). They have good prices and ship fast.

Comment

should be a loose contact.. before tossin' out, just resolder the 2 outer points of the pot.

Comment

I think the pot is spinning past it's "Stop" point into no-man's land. You'd have to tear the pot apart and fix the stop point, if possible.

Comment

Just replace it... they're cheap and pretty simple to swap out. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do it.
              -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Just replace it... they're cheap and pretty simple to swap out. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do it.

[/ QUOTE ] Amen brother. Why fool around with it?
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X