No announcement yet.

Jackson Professional: What's the story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional: What's the story?

I have a Rhoads Professional - what's the difference to the RR1 USA made?

What's the story about the Professional - where are they made, are they considered bad guitars, why do they have serial numbers (mine have one at the 24th fret)? Can i check any specs using that serial number?

What is the street price today for a Rhoads Pro?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: Jackson Professional: What\'s the story?

Originally posted by jackson1:

What's the story about the Professional - where are they made, are they considered bad guitars, why do they have serial numbers (mine have one at the 24th fret)? Can i check any specs using that serial number?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Professional is made in Japan, they are not bad guitars, just mass produced with cheaper parts than their USA counterparts (which are all hand-built). The vast majority of guitars have serial numbers (on the neckplate for boltons, or on the headstock or fretboard for neckthrus).

Comment

The Jackson Professional line is and always has been made in Japan. In the early '90s the Professional line was of equal quality to the USA line from the same time. Basically they kick ass, and because of this the import sales were cutting into the USA sales. All the specs were essentially the same; ebony fretboard, binding, etc.

Going rate now for neck-thru professionals is in the $400 - $600 range.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Welcome Jackson1,

They are nice guitars. And the price is about that.

Do you have some pics of yours? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ January 14, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Say what? A 24-fret neck-through Rhoads? Costing how much and where can I get one?

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
            Say what? A 24-fret neck-through Rhoads? Costing how much and where can I get one?

'bane
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oops it's a 22-fret neck-through. Sorry, i must have been [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] when i wrote that.
            Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo:
              Welcome Jackson1,

They are nice guitars. And the price is about that.

Do you have some pics of yours? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just took one. It's rather bad but here we go:
              Henrik

Comment

That's a very beautiful Rhoads... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Somebody changed the tremolo though, while the rest of the hardware is black, the trem is chrome.

[ January 15, 2003, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo:
                  That's a very beautiful Rhoads... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Somebody changed the tremolo though, while the rest of the hardware is black, the trem is chrome.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're right, kuerbo. I have had this guitar for some years now and at some stage i had to change the Jackson trem, because it didn't work properly. In panic i took one from a Kramer Floyd Rose Signature guitar i wasn't using at the time. The Jackson trem is now on my Fernandes Rhoads Lmt.Ed. who's trem is on the Kramer!
                  Maybe i should change it all back again and make it work. It's a mess [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Henrik

Comment

looks like you can't put back on the trem very much either //Steve

Comment

sorry for the typo "pull"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                        looks like you can't put back on the trem very much either //Steve
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm guessing here, but maybe that guitar had the JP580 trem, that's why this other one won't allow to pull, because it's not the one they had in mind when they designed the guitar. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                        X