Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to increase output through mixing board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase output through mixing board?

Hey guys -

Living in an apartment building in NYC, I can't practice through an amp - for obvious reasons. So I plug my guitar into my effects processor which I run into a Mackie mixing board. I hear myself through nice headphones. This works great.

Now - the issue...

I've got a little metronome (with an output feature) that I've also plugged into the Mackie board. Problem is - even with the trim and slider controls all the way up on the metronome's channel - the volume of the metronome's "tick" is SO low in relatiion to the guitar - I can't hear it at all.

How can I boost the level of the metronome to make it comparable with the level of the guitar?

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: How to increase output through mixing board?

Does the channel have a +10/-4 setting? See if it's set on +10.
    If your trim and volume are up, that's about it. Unless you have some sort of EQ or Clean boost pedal to run it through.

Comment

Re: How to increase output through mixing board?

The only +10/-40 setting is on the trim knob (+10 with the trim knob turned all the way down and -40 with the trim knob turned all the way up). So I've got the trim knob turned all the way up (at which point I can still barely hear the tick of the metronome).

Any other suggestions for boosting the level of the metronome?

Comment

Working...
      X