Duncan Distortion Meyhem set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Distortion Meyhem set

I have two sets. The Jackson Duncan Designed H103N / H103B (F spaced) set, and the SEY / DD (regular spaced) set. I need F spaced for this guitar (a KE3).

I have the Jackson pickups in the guitar right now, and bought the new set thinking my Jackson had a Jazz / JB set.

Do these sound the same? Should I just sell the Seymour Duncan set?

I really don't want to do the swap only to find out they sound the same.

Thanks,

Don

Re: Duncan Distortion Meyhem set

The Distortion set should sound similar to the HB103s, but way better. The HB102 is the JB/Jazz knockoff.

Comment

If you want to trade the regular spaced USA DD for a trem-spaced one, try to trade with someone on the seymour duncan forum.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The Distortion set should sound similar to the HB103s, but way better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure way better? I bought a TB4 to compare against my DD JB and they sounded close enough.

You can't sell Duncan Designeds for as much as real Seymours, and if they sound close enough, what's the point?

Comment

thats the thing. you're the only person ive heard that thinks they sound similiar enough. everyone else thinks they sound like dog's ass.

Comment

To my ears, the Duncan Designeds sound nowhere close to the real USA Duncan Distortions. But you're the only one who will be able to make that judgement call. Swap them out and do a side by side comparo. Let your ears make the choice.

Comment

well, they're supposed to be the same specs are they not? What's the diff between them? the country of manufacture and the materials?

Comment

If you guys have first hand experience, I'll take your advise.

What should I be listening for when I do the swap? I'm really bad at remembering tones. Give me some idea of how the real set performs better than the DD set.

Comment

i did a pickup swap for someone who had the 102 and i put a duncan jb in there for him. it was night and day. the thing about the jb is that it can make some guitars sound like hotter than a urinary tract infection, or very very bland.

they are supposed to be made to duncan specs, but i dunno, i think there's a reason why most people yank them out.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have duncan designed in my schecter 7, I think they're fine but I haven't tested up against anything other than a 6 pole. I have a few HB's as well... but I'm not using them in anything..they're there to fill in any voids in case I want to pull something out of another guitar I bought and sell the axe.

Comment

I swapped the HB103 in the bridge of my KVX10 for a real Duncan Distortion. Got much more clarity and a tighter, punchier low end, before with the Duncan Designed the low end was kinda muffled.
                      Apart from that they sounded quite alike, which was a good thing because I liked the sound apart from the muffled low end.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                      X