Fingerboard blank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerboard blank question

I may need to order a fingerboard blank to send to Jackson for my custom if they are unable to get an ziricote themselves for the fingerboard (they may not even allow me to send them a blank to use, I don't know) and I've found some places with some very nice blanks for a very affordable price, but I can't tell if they will be long enough for an electric. Both places are mainly acoustic guitar suppliers. The one blank is 21"x 2 3/4 x 1/4"-5/16"
    is that large enough for a 24 electric guitar fingerboard? Both of the nice blanks I saw were roughly the same size so I am assuming thats it but I wanted to know for sure.

Re: Fingerboard blank question

think about it, the scale length is no more than 25.5 (and look at the distance between bridge and fretboard end), the butt witdth no more than 2.25 (unless its a seven), and im sure thats thick enough.

im not positive bet thats my reasoning for thinking it is alright [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

good luck with it man [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

Yea that was my thought too, but I wanted to be sure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks!

Comment

you also have to add in the locking nut area, too. i just measured the fretboard on a pc3 neck i have and it was 20" from behind the nut to the end.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

good lookin out sully [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

Working...
          X