Gibson '57 Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson '57 Classic

Oh man, does anyone else like these? I think I'm gonna have one put in my Heritage...really great pickup to use with a high gain amp.

Re: Gibson \'57 Classic

It's a toss up. I had pair that were real weak (about 7.8K each) that I put in a LP Classic. I liked the tone, but the drop in power (compared to the super ceramic 496R/500T pair) was just too much to take. Maybe if my set was 7.8K / 8.3K, it would have been better.

For high gain, I do like PAF style pickups. My Burstbucker 1 and 2 are my favorites (7.8K A2 magnet, 8.3K A2 magnet).

Comment

dude, it's the best pickup in the entire world. it's what i have in elvis, with the cover left on. pure balls pickup, don't even hesitate. my favorite pickup by far.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I have them in my 59' Historic LP. They are amazing. I am going to swap in a set of Tom Holmes humbuckers to see if I like them better. If the Holmes work out, the 57's have a new home in the works.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yeaas! I have them in my Les Paul Custom and my ES-335. A real tone machine of a pickup. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
          X