Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of socket wrench do I need for an import truss rod adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of socket wrench do I need for an import truss rod adjustment?

Doing some tweaks on my Rhoads Pro neckthru...looks like it takes a hex socket head but I'm not sure what size before I go buying whole sets of sockets. Anyone know offhand???

Re: What kind of socket wrench do I need for an import truss rod adjustment?

I don't think you can get a socket in there, the holes pretty small. Don't you still have your adjusting tool? If not, I'm sure any guitar store in your area has one. I have 2 or 3 of 'em, so if you can't find one, let me know, and I'll send you one of mine. There, that's the only nice thing I have to do all year.

Comment

The socket required is 7mm or 9/32 THINWALL 1/4" drive. The best tool is a 9/32" truss rod wrench.

Comment

Thanks guys....I bought the guitar used and it didn't have the tool and it's quite a tight fit in there. I'll look at the hardware store later today.

Comment

Better than that, go to a guitar store with the guitar and look for a truss rod wrench that will fit.

Comment

Don't the imports use the one that looks like a pipe? What's up with that? The truss rods on the USAs use a regular allen wrench, so the truss rods must be different, right?
            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
            X