Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 Dinky Setup

Hello,
    I recently purchased my 9 year old son a used Jackson DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess finish), and was wondering if anybody knows of someone in the Southern California area who could give it the once over (fret height, string height, neck straightness, etc..), just to make sure everything is set-up correctly?

Thanks

Re: DK2 Dinky Setup

Just take it to any guitar or music store and see if they have a tech.

--Dan
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Avoid Guitar Center unless you know the tech is reputable. Try a smaller out of the way place with an aging Metalhead for a tech [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought most GCs send their stuff out to a different shop for setups anyway. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

well if you live in so. cal. just take it to GMW in glendora, lee will give it a once over most likley while you wait, go to www.gmwguitars.com for the phone # [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by damnedin82:
            Hello,
            I recently purchased my 9 year old son a used Jackson DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess finish), and was wondering if anybody knows of someone in the Southern California area who could give it the once over (fret height, string height, neck straightness, etc..), just to make sure everything is set-up correctly?

Thanks
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're in the West LA area, try Carruthers Guitars in Venice. He's reasonable and good, and contributed great articles on setups and intonations
            in Guitar Player magazine years ago.
            If Sunset Ave. in Venice is too "hood" for you, try Guitar Traditions at 10th St. and Broadway in Santa Monica. They're said to be good too, though I haven't used them myself.

Southern California could mean Santa Barbara to San Dego though, so I hope these are close to you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X