Rhoads PS3T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads PS3T

What do you guys think of the PS series, especially the PS3T? I see a lot of them floating around the Web for about $400. Are they in the same league as the newer RR3s, or are they closer to the X series? Where were they made? What trem do they use? Etc.

--Dan
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Rhoads PS3T

They are nice guitars. I have two that I am looking to sell, one is jet black, the other is jet black with silver sparkle flames added. They use the JT-500 tremolo, which isn't as good as a Floyd but still gets the job done. The pickups are the standard Jackson logoed humbuckers and are not as good as Duncans or EMG's but still kick a$$. Let me know if you'd like to take one or both off of my hands, I'll work you a sweet deal.

Joe
    [email protected]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Not sure just yet. I'm probably looking for higher quality. The JT500 scares me. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

no shark fins
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bah. The 500's aren't that bad. There are definitely better Floyd style trems out there, but for the price you can't complain too much. Performers are exactly what they were intended to be. Workhorses. As long as you get a Japanese made Performer, you shouldn't ever have any problems from it. I probably wouldn't buy one to use as my main axe unless it was there and cheap, but as a heavy use second guitar it probably won't fail you.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy:
            What do you guys think of the PS series, especially the PS3T? I see a lot of them floating around the Web for about $400. Are they in the same league as the newer RR3s, or are they closer to the X series? Where were they made? What trem do they use? Etc.

--Dan
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
            X