Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just like a previous post: RX10D vs. RR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like a previous post: RX10D vs. RR3?

What the hell is the difference? Other than the wood (Poplar and Alder) and the finishes available?

-Skrud

Re: Just like a previous post: RX10D vs. RR3?

RX10D has only one volume knob with no pickguard, the RR3 has 2 volumes and a tone with a pickguard. They have different versions of the floyd too.

Comment

....and wasn't the RX10D and those other models like that made in Korea or India for a while?

Comment

Yeah I had one for about a month and I hated it, it sucked, now I got a KV4 and its the best thing ive ever played, never tried out a USA though. Will it play much different than the KV4?

Comment

Both are made in Japan now, and they have the same Floyd. Prior to the switch to Japan, the X series Floyds were JT500s, now they're JT580s. Given that they're built in the same factory, attention to detail is probably going to be pretty close on both guitars, so the RX10D isn't going to be a drastic drop in quality construction-wise from the RR3. I have a DX10D (Japan) that plays better than all of the Pro series guitars I've played...

Comment

I found that the whole x series things have fat necks compared to the pro series necks , I would go with the rr3 myself [I've never tryed em -x series- since they switched from india to japan] , or a rr5 [japan neck through] //Steve

Comment

lol Strange man, my DX10D has a neck thin enough that it hurts to play once in a while, guess it may be hit and miss though, it's the only X series Jackson I've played for an extended period of time...

Comment

I like the RX10 being rear-routed; it makes it look so much cleaner on the front. If it had a different neck I'd easily choose that over an RR-3.

Comment

I'd don't have any of the RX or RR models.

But I've got both and DX10D and a DK2

The neck on my DX10D is the same as my DK2, it just doesn't have binding.. plays just as nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X