Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i differentiate between a kx10d and a ke3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i differentiate between a kx10d and a ke3?

both have sharkfin inlays.. 24 frets and basically the same features! how do i differentiate between them?

Re: how do i differentiate between a kx10d and a ke3?

Thw KE3 has Ash as an option for the body wood and the main differance is the neck doesnt have a neck plate. There are four screw holes counter sunk into the body then seated on a washer (bushing) in each screw hole. Plus the KE3 typically had the JT590 trem on it and black hardware.
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
      Thw KE3 has Ash as an option for the body wood and the main differance is the neck doesnt have a neck plate. There are four screw holes counter sunk into the body then seated on a washer (bushing) in each screw hole. Plus the KE3 typically had the JT590 trem on it and black hardware.
      Gil
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">my kelly has a chrome neckplate, with 4 screws, and all hardware is chrome. the serial number is 96***** (i have 2 kellys, both have 96***** type of serial). the serial number is found on the neckplate too.

Comment

Ummmm, the Jackson website even says that the KE3s are Alder, and that they at least now have JT580LP's on em....A KX10D would have a JT500 trem on it, the main difference between a JT500 and JT580 is that the JT580s say Jackson on the baseplate, and they have the string locks on the face of the trem, instead of coming out of the back like an OFR

Comment

I don't think the KE3 ever came with the Schaller JT590. Even my Kelly XLR which has binding and reverse sharkfins has a JT580, and no neckplate either.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

my kelly has a neckplate! so what model is it?

Comment

The KX?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

it's a chrome neckplate, 4 screws... engraved with JACKSON and serial number 96*****

Comment

Does it say Performer on the headstock? or Professional on the headstock? If the KE3 didnt come in Ash explain to me the one I saw that was stripped and was made of ash. :b
                  The 9 in the seriel number determins it was made in Japan and I would say its probably a performer by the 96**** seriel number. Which would make it a PS6T. It had the JT590 trem in the first few years the was switched to the JT580LP in more recent years.
                  Gil

Comment

DOH!!!!!! double post sorry

[ December 31, 2002, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

The KE3 is a Japanese made bolt-on. It will have either HB104 railt type or HB108 Detonators. They look like Invaders with the bigass pole pieces. The KE3, as far as I know, has never had a 590. To the best of my knowledege it has always had a JT580LP. It will have a 7 digit serial number.

The KX10D is made in India exclusively. The 12th fret dots will be very far apart. It will have a JT500 tremolo and an 8 digit serial number. It will probably also have an ugly-ass sinking finish.

Performers never had 590's. They started with 500's, then moved to 580's. Not 580LP's. The only ash bodied Kelly's that I am aware of were the KE4's.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                        The KX10D is made in India exclusively.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wasn't the X Series production moved to Japan?

Comment

Correct, but the KX10D didn't make the move. It was doscontinued before the switch and wasn't picked back up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                            Does it say Performer on the headstock? or Professional on the headstock? If the KE3 didnt come in Ash explain to me the one I saw that was stripped and was made of ash. :b
                            The 9 in the seriel number determins it was made in Japan and I would say its probably a performer by the 96**** seriel number. Which would make it a PS6T. It had the JT590 trem in the first few years the was switched to the JT580LP in more recent years.
                            Gil
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">my kelly has sharkfin inlays which wouldn't make it a performer ps6t. also, the headstock did not indicate performer or professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                              The KE3 is a Japanese made bolt-on. It will have either HB104 railt type or HB108 Detonators. They look like Invaders with the bigass pole pieces. The KE3, as far as I know, has never had a 590. To the best of my knowledege it has always had a JT580LP. It will have a 7 digit serial number.

The KX10D is made in India exclusively. The 12th fret dots will be very far apart. It will have a JT500 tremolo and an 8 digit serial number. It will probably also have an ugly-ass sinking finish.

Performers never had 590's. They started with 500's, then moved to 580's. Not 580LP's. The only ash bodied Kelly's that I am aware of were the KE4's.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">there are actually kx10d kellys with sharkfin inlays.

Comment

Working...
                              X