Charvel/Warmoth compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel/Warmoth compatability

Can anyone tell me if a Charvel Model 2 neck will fit a Warmoth body?

Re: Charvel/Warmoth compatability

the model 2 neck, i believe, is going to have a wider neck heel. it should be 2 1/4", but the warmoth pockets need a 2 3/16" heel.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks man... anybody else have any input, or better yet, a Model 2 neck who's heel could be measured? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sully is correct. I've never put a Charvel neck on a Warmoth body, but I've put plenty of Warmoth neck on Charvel bodies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It won't fit without modding the body or the neck [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm getting this body for a song ($70 for a near mint Warmoth mahogany Soloist body, routed exactly like I want, already finished black). Since the Model 2 is stock, I'd rather not alter it, so would altering the body to make it fit be too much of a pain?

Comment

heh...ask the person who's routing the body for you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he's just gonna have to open the pocket up 1/32" on each side for the neck to fit.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well, I'm buying it pre-routed, so I'd be doing it myself. I've got access to any/all wood-working tools in existence. SO, I'm taking this as "go for it", correct? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

honestly, i'd sand the butt of the neck to fit, but that's me. i'd rather mod something with sandpaper than a router.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The only thing is I'd rather not alter the Charvel... as I may end up sticking the original body back on. I know it'd be a pain, but I could always just sand the neck pocket, right?

Comment

Go for it. Just be very clear what you did to the Warmoth body when/if you go to sell it.

Comment

Warmoth is making, or getting ready to start making necks to fit Dinkys, Is it the same size pocket?
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

no, the body that he has is fender spec. they're not (from what i gathered) planning on giving wider neck pocket options.
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The only thing is I'd rather not alter the Charvel... as I may end up sticking the original body back on. I know it'd be a pain, but I could always just sand the neck pocket, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure you can, but sanding out a neck pocket is kind of a pain in the butt, as the neck pocket itself won't allow for a whole bunch of sanding movement in there. did that make sense? if you do sand it out, make sure to tape all around the face of the body so you don't wind up sanding the face of the guitar by accident. and yeah, what chuck said.

....or, with the $ you're saving on the body, why not just grab a warmoth neck to go with it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think you're right, and that they're gonna make J/C necks, but not bodies.

I think it'll end up a pretty sweet guitar... mahogany body, H-S pickup routing, non-recessed Floyd, 1 vol/1 tone/1 3 way toggle, with the Model 2 neck.

Thanks for all the help everybody! I'll post some pics when it's done.

Comment

Working...
                            X