bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bindings

Ok, prolly a stupid question, but why does de DK-2 has got bindings as an import where the rest don't? (like my KE-3 for instance)

Re: bindings

Maybe it has to do with the shared heritage the Dinky has with the Soloist?!?

Hell, I dunno. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

MG series Jacksons have neck and headstock binding as well, and probably some other series. i think it's just the low end imports that are without binding while the mid and high end imports do have binding. peace.

Comment

I don't think the RR5, SL4(or is it 3?), or KV4 have binding.

Comment

nope they dont, and they're high end imports...the rr3 doesnt either

Comment

that's because (import) Jackson guitars SUCK!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] no no just kidding!! stop trhowing things at me!!! no!!!!!! argh!

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

just kidding [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] was wondering because I know the dk2 had 'em and the older import kellys as well, but not my ke-3... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you look at the history of Jackson, you'll find that binding was traditionaly used on the soloist - style guitars pretty much most of the time.. Jackson was one of the first, if not the first to offer a Strat-shaped guitar with a bound neck and headstock.. something usually seen only on Gibsons and Deans at the time.

The Dinky is a child of the soloist, a cheaper, version basically, hence the binding.. the only way to get binding on a non-strat shape guitar is to get it from the custom shop.

Oh, and some RR models have binding..

Now go ahead and point out how many models I left out. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Just to add, some Kelly had a bound neck too, I know.. yadda yadda.

I still think, that the bound neck was a way of making a visual statement for Jackson.

I remember, when I was a teen, I played the original Charvels and Kramers.. but what me and my buddies wanted was one of them fancy, pro guitars,.. Y'know, the Jacksons.

We knew they were for real PRO'S 'cause they had bound necks.. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X