X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New DX10D.. I'll keep it!

Just got my DX10D Cherry Sunburst in.

I got it as a blow-out special, for $229.00, made in India

Likes: Plays as well as my DK2 and Charvels.. Once set-up of course.

Looks great, finish was fine, no flaws.

Dislikes: Overall craftmanship lacking a bit, neck heel hangs slighly over the lower edge of neck pocket. My DK2 is nice and flush. Action was sky-high when it arrived, you could play slide with a wine bottle on it.

Under close examination, this guitar is not built as nicely as the Japan made Dinkys ( I won't even talk about the USA models), this is a cheaper line, so you get a cheaper trem, no neck or headstock binding, ect.. back covers are not flush with the body.

BUT!!!!!

This guitar so far is right up there with my other DK2, Charvels.. in terms of playability and feel.. neck is fantastic, nut is good..

As a $500.00 guitar, I'd give it an 8 out of 10..

As a $300.00 I'd give it a 12!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I like this one, it's a keeper, great bang-around, 2nd guitar. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: My New DX10D.. I\'ll keep it!

Comment

Looks nice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

the necks looks very dark, I like that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

cool. I've messed with a few of the Japanese DX10Ds and thought they were very nice for the money. sweet colour too
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Sweet! I got one awhile back in trans red, changed all the hardware to black, but haven't gotten around to replacing the pickups. Also, I just purchased a DK2 neck from Newc, so I'll see how it looks and post a photo.
            Build quality was so-so, it took a few hours to get it playable. (play slide with a wine bottle is an accurate description!)

Comment

Ya, post a pic [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] .. I wanna see the black hardware! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I picked up a DX10D at the end of 2001, but it was 2002 specs...my best playing guitar, I absolutely love it, I'm even trying to trade my neck-through Rhoads STD in favour of something more similar to my Dinky...be it DK2 or DR3, or a nice Stealth [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Anyone here willing to trade that doesn't pop in at the Classifieds very often?

[ December 30, 2002, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Comment

Finally got around to changing the hardware to black. DK2 neck courtesy of Newc. Also trying out Black Diamond coated strings. The pickups are still Duncan Designed (the logos aren't quite off yet), but they'll get changed out soon. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet!

I'm kinda doing the opposite, I took apart my DX10D.

I'm putting the neck on JDR94 concept body.
                    I'm gonna block the middle and neck pup holes, get rid of the switch and tone, and angle the bridge.

Sorta like a ultimate version of a Baretta, only a Jackson so it'll be better. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

i have a dx7 seven string made in india, duncan designed hb7 are bad, but the intonation and playability its perfect.
                      Its true that the craftmanship its lacking a bit.

the japan guitars are better but, its cost me 300 dollars (here in argentina....) brand new in the original box.

look at the prices in Argentina... and tell me [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] web page

Comment

I picked up a DX10D for $200, put a couple EMG's in it and bam - another sweet playing guitar for peanuts. I really like mine and the EMG's gave it kind of a unique look IMO.
                        http://www.zeroturningradius.com/pages/Billy07_jpg.htm

Comment

I've got a DX10D in Burnt cherry sunburst...great guitar. I thought I'd do something different and got a pair of Carvin pups for it...M22SD in the bridge and a M22N for the neck, added a push pull to tap the neck pickup...great sounding guitar...I really don't care what anyone says, it might be a low dollar guitar, but I enjoy playing it!

Comment

That is awesome, Swill! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I want to switch to black hardware on my Trans Blue SL2H.....
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X