Soldering 101...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering 101...

After installing a new Fasel inductor in my friends cry baby tonight, I thought maybe it would be a good idea if I put together a complete soldering guide for everyone here.

Im sure alot of you know how to solder, but Im sure there are some that dont, or could just use some tips from a pro. I work for Lockheed, and am "J-std" certified in soldering/rework/wiring so I could offer some great advise on soldering, proper wiring, proper equipment amd helpfull tools.

So, would there be any interest? If so, let me know and Ill start on it... probably take a couple days as Id like to get some pictures together as well. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Soldering 101...

I am definitely interested! I can solder alright, but I would definitely like to be more precise and faster.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Rob,
      That would be great and really appreciated. I solder, but not well. I always some to make a mess [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

i don't solder well either..maybe because of my agricultural background.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Write it up, post it in a new thread and you get a pinned locked status on your thread...
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Alright sounds good... Ill get on it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I think I am a competent solderer, but it would be nice to see a good writeup on the subject by a schooled pro.

I've noticed that a lot of guitars come from the factory with solderings that look absolutely awful - like they were done by a hamfisted monkey on crack. They generally use way too much solder, and sometimes you'll find really poor connections as well.

Comment

It's always nice to have a good reference guide to soldering.
                I would call myself average, I can solder a hell of a lot better than whoever is doing it on Fender's import stuff.
                That's just scary sloppy.
                But I would greatly appreciate anything that will help me get better at it. Thx. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                -Rick

Comment

<font color="aqua"> agreed! You can never learn too much! Thanks Rob [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I've been soldering since I was 9 years old, but I would be very interested to read your thread. You're never too smart, or too experienced to learn something new.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Worked on it for about 20 minutes today... so far Ive got almost 2 pages and pleeeeeeenty more to go! Maybe I should just register a domain to start a website and put it all there in sections so its easier to sift through. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Worked on it for about 20 minutes today... so far Ive got almost 2 pages and pleeeeeeenty more to go! Maybe I should just register a domain to start a website and put it all there in sections so its easier to sift through. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">There ya go! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Alright, well that wasnt so bad after all. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I think I am a competent solderer, but it would be nice to see a good writeup on the subject by a schooled pro.

I've noticed that a lot of guitars come from the factory with solderings that look absolutely awful - like they were done by a hamfisted monkey on crack. They generally use way too much solder, and sometimes you'll find really poor connections as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont do the sire, email me the pages and I will host them for you my man..

Comment

Working...
                              X