Got my DXMG! Love it, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my DXMG! Love it, but...

I have to admit the GuitarExpress.com gave me a great deal. However, a few things were evident:

The finish wasn't bad, quite nice for an import guitar, but there is a nick in the lower cutaway and a couple of minor fisheye flaws in the paint behind the bridge.

High 'E' string was broken.

Both control knobs were inexplicably missing and were nowhere to be found in the box. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I've been involved with guitars, building and repairing them, since the 80's, and this really didn't bother me that much. I replaced the strings w/D'Addario XL's, masked off the fretboard and polished the frets, checked the action & intonation, and replaced the stock bridge with an original black chrome Floyd Rose I had for years. It fit right in, no problems! I also had a pair of spare knobs that I installed as well. The neck could be shimmed slightly, and the bridge pickup will be replaced w/a Duncan Distortion Trembucker.

Despite all this, I'm still excited to be a Jackson owner, and wouldn't be surprised if I order a second one early next year as a backup axe.

Re: Got my DXMG! Love it, but...

congrats dude!

btw, I'd be pissed if I got a guitar without knobs [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on the new axe!

I gotta get one myself

Comment

I'm getting one from Matt very soon!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You ordered a guitar from Lloyd and the knobs were missing?!? That just sounds very weird. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] If it's missing parts and has sratches or any kind of damage, I would have called him and sent it back for a replacement. Though if you're happy, more power to you. Congrats on the new axe! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And it would be http://www.guitarxpress.com/
          not guitarexpress.

[ December 18, 2002, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X