DK2S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2S

Anybody here have a DK2S? Same as the DK2 but with a Sustainiac pickup system on it. www.sustainiac.com I was going to buy a DK2 but the black cherry model DK2S was on sale for $399 from zzounds.com and americanmusical.com. Kind of like getting an extra feature thrown in for free.

Strangely enough, the image of the dk2s on those sites look more like a dark red rather than 'black cherry'. I was looking at another siteand it showed a straight up purple koolaid guitar and called it 'black cherry'. The color chart from jackson shows a very black looking color with a slight burgundy hue to it.

Anyhoo, if it does turn out to be jolly rancher grape, I guess I could always bust out some krylon!

Re: DK2S

I have one in violet metallic that's a cool purple color. The black cherry is like a really dark reddish purple color. Here's a link that's pretty much exactly the color of the one's I've seen. http://www.accessguitar.com/inventory/jackson/ps4.html

Based on what I've seen I don't think they offer that color on the current models.(Hence the good price!)

Good luck with your new axe!!

Comment

By the way...if you REALLY want to get confused, here's another link in the same color.
      http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...l?p_prodid=403

Very confusing to say the least. The first link I posted is much closer to what you'll get than this one (Which is the US version of the color)

Hope this helps...

Comment

Yep, that helps a lot actually. Now, I'm wondering how this guitar would look in light colors. I've run into some info on refinishing a guitar and found a place that stocks colors from fender guitars... Daphne Blue DK2! Seafoam Green! hehe. Might not go with the black pickups and headstock though. What do you think?

[ December 17, 2002, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: saudade ]

Comment

Hot Rod Flames baby!
          [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Anything else is waste of cash [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I'm going to go with Vintage Cream. Maybe throw a custom black pickguard on there. Personally I think it'd look *****in. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And you know, considering that Fender owns Jackson now... it'd be a bastard child of satanic consummation! All I'd need are some black upside crosses with 'Fender' on it. ha.

Comment

I have a DK2S in Black Cherry and niether of those pics are acurate. Its a dark metallic redish blue color. and looks great when polished up. All I need now is a neck for it. Anybody?
              Beuller?
              Beuller?

Gil

Comment

What would you say is the closest to the actual color? The zzound and americanmusical websites show what looks like a transparent red or dark red version.

Comment

at elderly.com they have a King V in that color.. I think that one looks how it does in real life..

Comment

I have an '87 Charvel Model 6 in black cherry. It looks pretty much like the first pic in the right light.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      I have an '87 Charvel Model 6 in black cherry. It looks pretty much like the first pic in the right light.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i saw one of those at chrissguitars.com, but it was sold. i wanted it! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X