DKMG or WRMG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG or WRMG...

...to the people who one these guitars what are your oppinions on them? Seeing as how I'm a student and I have Young Drivers then University coming up theres noway i can get a USA model so I figured I'd get one of these two in transblack to go with my Hot Rod Flames Dk2.
    What are the HZ's like compared to say a Seymour Duncan Custom?...the pickups will most likely be replaced anyway but you never know...they might be ok.

And whats the Policy at OnlineStageGear as far as shipping to the Great White North?

Re: DKMG or WRMG...

What be Young Drivers?

Comment

I'd pick the Warrior, if only for the attitude.

Rock on. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ December 16, 2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by kunal:
        What be Young Drivers?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"Young Drivers of Canada"

It's a large Driving School chain up here in the Frozen Wastelands

I'd go with the DKMG as the Warrior is "Butt Fugly" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

WRMG, great balance, cool shape (if you like it) and the DKMG looks weird with the center of the body raied a little.. imo

Comment

pickups are horrible, but i do think that DD's are better. i thought the WRMG was archtop, too - guess i was wrong. personally, owning one (dkmgt), i think the archtop looks badass. it looks classier, imo, than the flat tops. go with what looks better, since they both probably sound real close. peace.

Comment

personally id probably go with the wrmg

Comment

I am going after one of those WRMG [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] guitars, they look badass!! Does anyone know what the neck profile is like? Thin and flat or c-shaped like a Soloist? Jack.

Comment

Buy my USA Hamer instead Jack! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Make ya a great deal...

Pete

Comment

Pete, you`ve got mail [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

You really can't go wrong with either one, I think.

I've heard the EMG Hz as being slightly better than the DD's

As for looks, well I've got one of them Deans with the "Fugly" headstock, so what the hell do I know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Personally I thinkt he EMG HZ are so much better then the Duncan Designeds.. aw well..

Comment

they're all there to be replaced anyway so who cares! i do wish stock pups could be decent enough to keep. oh well, i guess that's why life sucks. as for comparing the two, the DD's have a lot more clarity than the HZ's. i did some tinkering with the HZ's thinking they were not using all potential, but they were and it was depressing. so muddy! the neck pup is useless! so after buying a brand new guitar, i have to buy brand new pups, and brand new strap locks, and brand new locking tuners, etc. the list goes on and on. peace.

Comment

my stock pu's on my kelly 3r work awesome 103b and 103n they are suppose to sound like the duncan distortion but I've never owned one of those pick ups but when I got my guitar I ripped them out right away without even trying them out really and I put duncan jb's [tb4] in both of my guitars now I didn't like the jb's so I ordered a invader and I put the stock pickups in for the time being the sounded great man !!! I got the invader and put it in and it lasted 2 months till I got sick of the noisy muddy sound that I was getting from it and tons of added mids as well so I put the dd 103b back in and she's being there ever since and no problems at all , the emghz I tryed out the other day and they sounded pretty good to me , mind you it wasn't my rigg that I was playing them through but compared to the dd 102b/n set they sounded way better , but for cheap good sounding pick ups those Duncan Designed 103b and 103n rule man ! and good clean tones as well with em ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X