Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick'n dumb question about J100s

hey,
    I just got some new PUs into my charvel and everything works fine so far in the bridge, but the J100 in neck position denies work.
    now I wondered wether it is possible to wire these wrong?
    I mean, it's just two cables a black and a white one, and actually there's nothing but a coil in between, so is it possible to do any faults there?
    right now I have the white one for hot wire and the black one for mass, but does it really matter?`
    it's less of a problem, this change can be done pretty quick, but I've just been curious once again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    thx///
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: quick\'n dumb question about J100s

alright I just did some measuring inside my guitar and the J100 seems to have an impedance of 0.46kOhm. now this is bad, huh?

Comment

I would say yes, that's bad. Even the vintage single coils didn't measure that low.

Comment

yeah, the manual says around 6kOhm.

somewhere I tend to buy broken crap from others lately... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

this really suxx. I had this model 5fx hangin around on my wall for months now, just got new PUs to complete it and now one of them is broken again!
        how I hate it... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

so thx for the answer. know what to do now I guess...

Comment

I´ll look at whick pups I have left when I start rewiring my arsenal next week, there may be a J100 or J100XL in there for ya [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

hey tim, if you got something into this direction, let me know, I'd for sure be interessted!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            J100, J200... what is the J100XL btw?
            never heard about this one...

just need something sinlglecoilish in the neck there!!

thx for offering!!

Comment

Working...
            X