Got my Archtop in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Archtop in...

Here are some pics of her... J000016, she's lightweight, plays GREAT and sings like a bird. I may even keep the stock J50 pickups... it sounds good so far, but band practice will really tell the tale.

One other thing I noticed vs my old 750XL that greg crowe owns now - this guitar is about 1/4" thinner bodywise, and doesn't has as much flame on it. But, it plays better and is light enough to actually play standing up without hunching over after three songs.

If *anyone* has one of these for sale, email me at [email protected]. I'd like to buy another one, so I can have one for regular tuning and another one for 1/2 step down. I really love these guitars.

Pete

Re: Got my Archtop in...

mmmmmmm. nice, Pete
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice, Pete.
      Congrats!

Comment

That looks pretty f'n sweet!! Good luck with it!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The flame looks a lot better than what I remember. I am glad that you like it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nor - is your 750XL about 2 tons? heheh... that was my biggest gripe with mine.

Oh, and I think I've fed the archtop monster for awhile... just picked up one in trans blue with a floyd. I prefer the string thru, but I think it'll be kinda cool to have. Now if someone will just buy my damned Hamer on the classifieds, I can get one more [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete
            (trying to catch up with archtop, just with imports... I sure as hell can't afford that many USAs!)

Comment

Pete, Pete, Pete, you look like a strong lad to me. I've done a night of 4 sets with my 750 and it was a breeze, though I don't mind the feel of a Les Paul either! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice geetar purchase. Lovely colours. Let us know what you think of the pickups after practice.

Vic

Comment

Nice score, Pete.

Matt Crooks has one of these, with EMGs in it, and we did a lot of the soloing on our last album with it - it's a totally sweet sounding guitar. Nice and warm, even with EMGs, and virtually impossible to make sound bad.

They are totally different from the 750XL, but both are cool in their own right.

I really need to pick one of these up - the string thru, I've never played a Floyd version.

Mike
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Man, I've always loved those things!! I need one bad!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mmmmm, blue is my favorite color on those archtops! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How can a guitar NOT be thinner than a 750XL?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      That's sweet, Pete!

J50's are nice p/u's. Got 'em in two axes, atm.

My '88 Limited has one in the bridge (with an active gain-boost circuit). With the gain rolled down, it gets smooth and creamy. With the gain dimed, it gives ch2 on my MkIII a punchy 'brown'.

My 750XL has one in the neck pos. - very PAFish.

[ December 15, 2002, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: nor ]
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Here are a few pics of the one I just bought... of course, when I get it I'll take it apart and clean the hell out of it. The cherryburst was pretty clean, but I'm still putting coats of zaino on it... makes an incredible difference on the paint.

I prefer the stringthrus, but thought I'd check out a floyded one for the heck of it. I need a floyd guitar to play the brad gillis solo in 'rock in america' for the cover band I'm in anyways [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        Pete

Comment

aw, now THAT is nice. I prefer the blue to the burst. Plus it's got a Floyd [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

That really is beautiful! Blue guitars often look very, very nice IMO!

Anders
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Oh, that is so sweet!!! I gotta get me one o' them...

Comment

Working...
                              X