No announcement yet.

SL3 w/Ebony fretboard and BINDING?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL3 w/Ebony fretboard and BINDING?????

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS of an SL3 in Amber Sunburst??? My dealer had one a while back, and it was MUCH better looking in person than on the site, but I can't find any REAL pics anywhere. Also, the new Fender site states they come with ebony fretboards and binding now, is that true?

Any comments would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Re: SL3 w/Ebony fretboard and BINDING?????

An SL3 is Japanese made and came with a rosewood fingerboard and no binding. The specs on the site
    do say ebony board, but that's wrong, and it doesn't mention anything about binding.

That would be interesting if they changed them for the new year, but I doubt it.

[ December 12, 2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jackson Solist SL3 Spec Page

Yes..is DOES show binding....Take a look for yourself. Thanks for the reply.

[ December 12, 2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: DinkyDoug ]

Comment

[ December 12, 2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: DinkyDoug ]

Comment

No, trust me, there's no binding on that neck. There's no binding on the body either. If you're talking about what looks like a faint whitish outline around the body and headstock, it's just a reflection off the finish. Jackson doesn't put binding on their bodies unless you go custom shop. Binding is normal on a lot of fingerboards, but there's clearly none on there. You would be able to see the white binding all the way around the fingerboard, and it's clearly not there. They messed up the specs.

[ December 12, 2002, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Yeah, I've seen them myself, and I know they traditionally do not have binding. That's why I was surprised that the site lists it. I have a call into my local rep who's to get back to me tomorrow. I called Fender Customer Support, but those slackers only work till 4:30! I'll post my findings here tomorrow. If it's an update for 2003 that would ROCK!

Comment

No binding on that rig.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

It's not the pic he was reffering to it was the spec list by the neck and inlays. It says ebony board,MOTO sharkfin inlays with bound headstock and finger board.
                But the pic show's it's rosewood and no binding. TYPO, they got confused apearently and thought it was an early 90's Pro :b
                Gil

Comment

You got it Freak! By the way (Dumb question) does anyone know what MOTO sharkfin inlays means? It sure isn't mother or pearl. I'm guessing is the same plastic pearloid inlays everyone else uses.

And, yeah, I was referring to the "Unique Features" they list in the specs, not the pic. Speaking of which, does anyone have pics of the Amber Sunburst?? I'm dying to see a good pic of one.

Comment

Amber sunburst:
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

WOW! That's a lot darker than the web pics I've seen. I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting!

Comment

MOTO = Mother Of TOilet seat? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Once again, I'm LOL @ Gary!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, but Gary is actually correct!! Some people also call it pearloid.

[ December 13, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

For those interested, Fender updated their site to reflect the correct specs. There are no plans to include ebony fretboards or binding on the SL3's.

Thanks to all for the previous posts!!

Comment

Working...
                              X