Oh well , here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh well , here goes

I have a guitar that I listed on ebay and totally misrepresented and got pointed in this direction from a couple of different people. I have brought the Guitar to a local pawn and Music store and they have never seen one like this and started me down the prototype path which I followed eagerly. I can email more pictures of it if needed. What the heck is it? I got responses ranging from a Model 6 650 XL to a San Dimas. The guitar is heavy like it is make from a Mahogany possibly. How can I trace this guitar... Help... I appreciate your help and sorry for the mis lead ebay discription. I honestly wrote what I have been told and believed... It is an awesome guitar however..
    here is the link to the ebay posting that I have closed till I know a bunch more :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=929676376

Again, I apologiize for the miss information and look forward to any help you might be able to offer..... I enjoyed the razzing by the way, it was much needed! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Oh well , here goes

Find the thread in the "efraid of ebay" section. We had alot of fun with that one!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The topic is "Get a load of this!!!!!!!!!!"

[ December 12, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: StukaJU87 ]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Perfect! I had a look at it and it is fast and viscious just like I like it!! HA! Thanks to whom ever pointed me to this forum after reading thru it I am not sure I want to sell the guitar or not.... I had no idea that there was this kind of following with this type of guitar. I mean I know I have enjoyed the heck out of this one but I don't know many people that have this make. Everybody is Gibson, Fender, G&L, PRS... in any case, I'd appreciate any assistance I could get in identifying this machine... Thanks..

Keep the cards and letters coming!!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like a 90's import(JAP) 650XL to me. My "guess" of the value is $300-$500, but there are much more qualified people here that can give you more accurate information, keep checking back.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I just opend up the back plates and discovered that it appears to be poplar or Alder and not Mahogany I believe. You are correct that the Guitar is in Mint or excellent condition. The guy before me fell in Love with a PRS and this one stayed on the shelf. I have had it now for a bit over 4 years and have really enjoyed this guitar. Thanks again for your help...

Tim

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, that is not a rare guitar at all. As mentioned, it's the 650 XL from 1989. You can see mine on eBay, it's the exact same color (pearl red) but has more wear than yours. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=900194609 By the way, I too am in Jacksonville, FL and let me give you a word of advice: NEVER, EVER trust a local pawn shop or music store for appraisal info. They either don't know or will outright lie. Obviously that's the case here. I live at the corner of Hodges and Atlantic Blvd if you want to come over I'll learn you some C/J stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hello Charvel750,

Tha sounds like a great idea. Believe it or not we live just a couple of miles from each other. I live off of Kernan north of Atlantic. Let try to get together some time. Thanks again....

Tim [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a 1989 650xl (I can tell the year from the first digit of the serial number). It's not that rare, although I've never seen that particular color before. Most that show up eBay seem to be off-white, like my 650xl, or else a metallic blue or silver. In general, the 650xl is the same as the earlier Model 6, but with a few feature changes (different tremolo and pickup switching). But 650's are less common than Model 6's--I don't believe nearly as many 650s were made, although I don't have hard evidence to back this up. They were each made for three years, but Jackson had other Japanese-made Soloist models available in '90-91 that overlapped with the 650, presumably cutting into its sales. You certainly don't see as many 650xl's on eBay as you do Model 6's--but maybe 650 owners are less likely to sell them (they have a better trem than Model 6's, in my opinion). They tend to sell for about the same price.

I would say that $300-450 would be about the price range you could get on eBay. Yours looks like it would be more in the $400-450 range, because it looks to be in very good shape. $500 tends to be the price that Japanese Soloist Professionals go for--but those are more upscale with ebony fretboards and metal back covers.

Comment

Working...
                X