Dimarzio's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio's

I have just ordered a set of Dimarzio P+J pickups for my 2B. Although I have always used Seymour Duncans for replacement pickups, I know that Dimarzio's were pretty popular in the 80's and since the 2b is an 80's bass...what the hell.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here as any experience with these pickups? I am really looking forward to replacing the stock pup's...not at all happy with those.

Thanks in advance,

FC

Re: Dimarzio\'s

They are very fine pickups. I've had them since '83 and they are still going and sound great. I've used both Seymour Duncan's and DiMarzio's in my guitars (bass and six string guitar) for years and I just prefer the DiMarzio's myself.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Did you get the set from Musician's Friend? I got mine there for my 1988 Hamer Scarab bass. The Scarab originally had Dimarzios mounted in it, but weren't functioning when I bought it. So I mounted the new Dimarzios in it and it rocks! Really simple to install - only a few solderings - and it's got great tone! I have a few BC Rich basses with Dimarzios in them from the 80's and they are tone machines! I have and like some Seymour Duncan powered basses, but the Dimarzios definitely have their own unique end of the tone spectrum. I think you'll like them.

Comment

THOR thats a killer scarab. didnt realize the basses were 21 fret.

Comment

Thanks man! It's all original (except for new Dimarzios - the old ones had covers with no holes over the pole pieces, Hamer stock kinda thing - where the new Dimarzios have the allen key access) Its a set neck, has bevels all around and even a belly cut. Schaller Hamer branded hardware. It's pretty light and easy to play. Kind of a cross between a Rhodes and an Explorer.

Comment

that Scarab is awesome! It's funny, I don't think I'd like that body style in a guitar, but it looks sooo good as a bass
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sweet bass!

Yes, I did get the set from Musician's Friend, they will be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting them installed in time for rehersal this weekend.

Thanks for all of the replies!

FC

Comment

I never had a bass with dimarzios..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn, I didnt even know they made bass p/u's
                  No reason to think they dont, but just never KNEW
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Got and installed them yesterday. Very Hot pickups, a huge upgrade from the stock Jacksons. Great response pick or fingerstyle- I couldn't be happier. I Highly Reccomend these pickups!!

Thanks for all of the replies!

FC

Comment

I knew you would like them! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Did you just put the 2B up on fleabay? Just saw an auction with a 2B that someone recently installed Dimarzios in.

Comment

I did. I had never taken it to rehearsal or a gig but since I got the new pickups the other day, I took it to rehearsal. Playing it for three hours in a band setting accentuated the one thing about the bass that I wasn't crazy about- the shape of the neck. I am so accustomed to playing a Jazz bass that playing the 2b became a real effort- it just didn't feel "right". It's a great bass with a great tone, but it's not going to work for me. If anyone is interested in it feel free to drop me a PM.

FC

Comment

Check your pm...

Comment

Working...
                            X