Pickup Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Replacement

i have a dimebucker in my dkmt (which color did u get?) and am very pleased with it. i agree and think the distortion would suit u perfectly. distortion is great for thrashy metal. peace.

Re: Pickup Replacement

Dude, I had a Jackson Fusion Pro in Basswood and it had a Duncan Distortion in it and it was awsome for Metal, Speed Metal and Hard Rock. I think the JB has a little more harmonics, but for heavy rythim Metal, I love the Distortion, the JB for leads. Jack.

Comment

Pickup Replacement

Hi all,

I just received my new DKMGT and I am not happy with the EMG HZ's in it. I like alot of the old Euro-Metal (Accept, Scorps,) and also Jake E Lee's style and sound both from Ozzy and Badlands. With the Basswood body of the MGT what do you suggest for the type of tone I want. I know there are no absolutes. I was thinking of the 81/85 combo. I also have a 1989 Invader laying around in my recycle bin that I am curious about. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

I'd try a duncan distortion. That way you don't have to gut all the electronics for the EMG's. The distortion will do you pretty good for all that stuff.

Comment

I got the Cobalt Blue with Hardshell case. I bought from Musicians Friend (dont choke) and they pricematched another vendor. Got it UPS 3 days later. The guy was going to leave it on my front porch, lol. No signature required. Doh. I love the neck on this thing. I had an old series 10 that I butchered a few years ago and shaved the neck down and tongue oiled. This is just as fast as that neck. I'm gonna work on the old series 10 with my 6 year old as a project and repaint it. The action and everything else is fine on it. And guess what kind of case that piece of garbage is in? A 80's Charvel case. LOL

Comment

And guess what kind of case that piece of garbage is in? A 80's Charvel case. LOL
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i hope you're not talking about your dkmgt being the piece of garbage! yours came in an 80's charvel case? weird. i got the regular jackson case with mine. i got the black forest finish. what deal did MF give u? i got mine from guitarxpress.com for $470.95 w/ case and shipping and received it in 3 days as well. hope u enjoy your new toy, and replacing pups makes it a whole lot better. 2 59's would even be better than those horrid HZ's! peace.

Comment

reread Basswood's post: his Series 10 is going to be his project guitar, it's a piece of garbage, it came in an old Charvel case. Not the new Jackson
              Hail yesterday

Comment

$488.00 for mine with case. Right around the same figure. I have seen them down to $349.00 for some of the other finishes too. Thats without case.

Comment

very cool, those are great prices for these guitars, especially when compared to the dxmg's. yeah, i reread the post and it makes sense to now! LOL. i feel better now! peace and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                  X