Floyd Rose Routing...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Routing...........

Since there is no one in my area seems to be capable of routing a strat body for a top mount Floyd,where can I get a template? Any tricks or tips you guys have? How about for a recessed route? If I use the recessed route,then I don't have to shim the neck,do I ?.........
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: Floyd Rose Routing...........

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...Templates.html
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Thanks for your reply and double thanks for your avatar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]....

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Whatcha working on? Is the neck pocket angled or straight? If it's straight and deep enough and you do the recessed route, the neck should be ok without being shimmed.

Comment

I have a couple of strat projects floating in the wind and decided to finish them up.Both bodies are regular strat bodies so I need to figure which way is best on the Floyd........

Comment

Okay,with the top mount,I have to angle the neck,right.At least 6 degrees,I think.If it's recessed,I don't. Help!....

Comment

That would depend on the neck pocket depth, what kind of feel you are comfortable with, as well as how high you have the floyd off the body (floating high for alot of pull-up room, or flush mounted for diving only). Do you like a neck that sits in the pocket level with the body, or angled back like on a typical non-recessed guitar? I have a Pacer-bodied mutt with a non-recessed floyd ( it's not very high off the body) and the neck is flat in the pocket, not shimmed. The pocket is level and not very deep on the Pacer, so the neck is high enough to have a good action without having to be shimmed. As far as angle is concerned, it would be just trial and error with different shim thickness until you get the action you want.

Comment

Working...
              X