What is it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it??

Please help me identify just exactly what kind of Jackson Professional I have. Reversed headstock with ser#J005430 decal on it. Bolt on neck with sharkfins. String thru with tunamatic bridge. Hum-single-Hum pickups. What I don't understand is why no neck plate and ser# on Headstock [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Re: What is it??

Well, it's definitely Japanese (as are all Professional series). Maybe a Dinky XL. I have a Kelly XL Reverse that has no neck plate and the serial number on a sticker on back of the headstock. I'm not sure if only the XLs came with no neck plates or not. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Does it also have binding on the neck and headstock?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Huh that's weird, Joe. I just checked MY Kelly XL,
      no neck plate either! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, it is weird!

Comment

The guitar has no binding on headstock or neck. The neck is super thin with jumbo frets and the truss rod cover is blank. Is that a low serial#?
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

The guitar that it most looks like I saw on the old mother of all info page on the old Jackson web site. It was called a Dinky RVH. I think from around 94-94 era but that one had a truss rod cover that said RVH and it also had a push pull on the tone knob. My guitar doesn't have either? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Yeah, the Japanese shop had a habit of changing around models and trying different things that didn't last very long.

I have a '94 Dinky HX (string-thru tunomatic), standard headstock, it had a push/pull pot in the tone control, no binding, white plastic offset dot inlays, but it has a black neck plate, serial number is 9417340. Kevin Easton at Jackson told me only about 100 were made for only about a year.

I also have two Dinky Reverses that seem to be from the mid-'90s. One's got reverse sharkfins, says Dinky RVS on truss cover, JT580 Floyd. The other's got MOP offset dot inlays, says Dinky Rev. on truss cover, JT580 Floyd. Though, one of the Floyds is a squared off baseplate and the other is rounder on the corners and looks like the newer ones. Both have silver neck plates with strange serial numbers... 401401 and 501999.

I'm confused!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

That Mother Of All Info Page was great, but it was not complete. Some stuff got left out, for whatever reason. They definitely need to bring that back and update it!

[ December 09, 2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Toe Jam I was wondering if the serial# on your kelly XL was anything like the one on my guitar? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

It's J005962. I believe it was made in either '95 or '96.

Comment

Working...
                  X