X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DK-2 HRF arrives January 6th!!

congratz dude !
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

im thinking about getting a dk 2 myself to or a dxmg or a dkmg [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: My DK-2 HRF arrives January 6th!!

You're gonna love it dude, count on that.
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Thanks guys...

Shakeel: I think kuerbo owns both a Dk-2 HRF and a DXMG...you should ask him which one he prefers.

Comment

Also, [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to Kuerbo and Newc for uploaing pics of their dk-2s so that I could get an idea of what the finish looks like.

Comment

My DK-2 HRF arrives January 6th!!

30 days to go before my beautiful Dk-2 in Hot Rod Flames reaches me! I can't wait! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ December 07, 2002, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: kunal ]

Comment

I do like'em both although they're very diferent.
            I definitely love the DXMG, the feel, the bound neck and the sound, even with the original HZ's.
            At first, it took me a while to get acustomed to the DK2, it was my first h-s-s configuration guitar, but now that i've been playin' it for almost seven months, i learned to get really good things from her. I still don't find a sweet spot for de Duncan Designed pickups, so i'm thinking on switching the single coils to hot rails or cool rails, but i'm not really sure, because using the middle pickup with the acoustic sim on my Marshall AVT150H i get a really special kind of sound. It's the distorted sound what makes me hesitate. But she looks mean! I even got a hot rod flames strap and a pair of shorts to match!!! I might post a pic for you guys.

Boy this is gettin' too long. To make it short, both guitars rock, but if you play metal i'd pick the DXMG, it sounds great right out of the box. If you have a little more money, i'd getv the DK2 and change stock pickups.

Cheers.
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I'm with kuerbo, i play only metal/hardcore and i picked the dxmg from the two (ended up upgrading p.u's anyway.)

Comment

I pick the DK-2 and I play thrash. I think it gets a better metal sound than the DXMG. It sounds to me more like the Megadeth rhythm sound on CTE. It gets a great clean sound from the single coil neck pick up, too. I have both guitars and I haven't used the DXMG much after I got my DK-2. IMO you have made a wise choice. Mine has Hot Rod Flames, too, it's an awesome paint job. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Kunal, is it safe to say "Welcome to the club?" I'm using my DK2 HRF as my main stage axe; although, I haven't gigged with it yet. But I do rehearse with it about twice a week, and it doesn't go out of tune, it gets great tone (with a Duncan Distortion pup), and it plays just as good if not better than the other guitarist's $2000 Parker Fly. DK2's rock! I'm going to pick up a black one for backup just as soon as I finish the transaction to sell my Charvel Traditional to the guy who bought it on eBay.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

So dude?

Did you get it or what? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ January 16, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Yeah really man....outenzie! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Whoa! This is a surprise! I didn't think anyone would remember (or care) that I had an axe coming...

So now read the tragic chain of events:

Nov 25, 2002: My guitar arrives at Atlanta, GA. where it will stay till my dad's friend brings it over to India.

January 6th, 2003: My dad's friend arrives in Bombay with the guitar, where it is immediately confiscated by Airport Customs because they do not believe the price. They arbitrarily assign a value of $500 to my $300 axe, and then expect me to pay 70% duty on that amount.

Janaury 7th, 2003: I head back to the Airport armed with a copy of the receipt. The officer-on-duty was helpful, but could not change the $500 value assigned because a senior officer had signed the original detention slip. He advises me to return the day that my dad's friend is scheduled to return to the US.

January 9th, 2003: The senior ass_hole is present. He keeps me wating for 1 hour and in the process my dad's friend almost misses his flight. He return with a printout from google.com. Shockingly, he went to google, keyed in 'Jackson Dk-2' and printed out one match with had the LIST price in the description. $700!!
                        So he now says, this is the actual price of your guitar! Which means he expects me to pay $490 duty for my $300 axe. We argue for a bit, but there's no time cos my dad's friend has a flight to catch. So he as no option but to take it back with him. I didn't even get to see it... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

So, the bottom line is that my sweet DK-2 travelled halfway across the world to get here, AND THEN WENT BACK.

Comment

Oh my!

That really sucks dude!!!

How the hell can they be such assholes? What are you going to do now? [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[ January 16, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Move to America. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I will actually be doing that in a couple of years for my Master's degree.

Hopefully, I can convince somebody else to try to bring it through (again) before that though.

Comment

Working...
                              X