Alder or mahogany DX10D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alder or mahogany DX10D

The Jackson website specifies the DX10D body to be alder with maple top. I have an amber sunburst that looks like mahogany and not alder. I remember once the Musicians Friend website referenced the DX10D to be mahogany. Does anyone know for sure if Jackson ever made them from mahogany. Mine is a 2001 made in India.

[ December 06, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: GatoJazz ]

Re: Alder or mahogany DX10D

it's just a paint job. to my knowledge, the entire import range (except the sl-3) are made from alder. if you want mahogany, chances are it'll be a custom job. ironically, i had a bc rich (grrr - hate them with a passion) ironbird speedloader nj series (costing twice the amount of my dxmg)made from mahogany which is incredibly light compared to my jackson dxmg (essentially a dx10d with emg pickups). the dx10d's are indian, the dxmg is japanese.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Re: Alder or mahogany DX10D

If it was made in India, it probably has a Cedar body, not alder. The X Series stuff is now made in Japan again and all of them have alder bodies.

Comment

Working...
      X