Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick tech question... need answer ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick tech question... need answer ASAP!

If I bolt a DMXG 24 fret neck (25.5 scale) on to my RR3R, will I run into any intonation problems or any other problems?

Thanks!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Quick tech question... need answer ASAP!

If the RR3R is 24 frets, but I believe Rhaods are 22 frets?

If thats the case, no it probably have intonation problems.

Comment

The Rhoads is currently 22 fret, the new neck will be 24 fret. So itll work ok?
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

no, that´s the exact scenario that causes problems, he just worded it confusingly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

24 fret neck in 22 fret pocket = No dice
        22 fret neck if 24 fret pocket = sometimes Possible, but you´ll need a hugeass shim and it´s usually not worth the effort

Comment

Damn! Oh well, thanks for the advise, just saved me some time and money! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, after some measurments I realize why It wont work... on my DR3, from the front of the Floyd cavity to the neck is 5.3", and on the RR3R is about 6.15". So Id have to rout out .85 for the neck, then relocate the pickup the same... ain't happenning... atleast not on this Rhoads. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Guess its time to buy that body blank from Warmoth after all and start having some fun! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Unless, ofcourse, someone here has a Rhoads body with only a single bridge hum cavity they'd like to sell me. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X