Jackson DK-2 FS Solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK-2 FS Solid

Does anyone owns this guitar ? and so how did you experienced the guitar? is the quality, sound etc. good ? i can buy this guitar for about 850 € is it a good deal for a European price?

Re: Jackson DK-2 FS Solid

ANYONE??????? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

patience youngster [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

A good price on these in the US on sale is $299, I am not sure what yours is in US doallars? Hope this helps. Jack.

Comment

AAAAAAH 850 € is almost like 850 dollars
          why are jackson guitars so expensive here [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

i hate this stuff....we have to pay double prices ! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Still, it is about the going price for this type of guitar overhere, so that does make it a fair deal. I paid 2100 guilders for my KV3 in 1996. Go figure. However, as said many times before, this is a price way above current market value, it would appear. But then we all know there's no comparing the USA market to ours.

I far prefer buying abroad from a forum member here, or via ebay, and just swallow the shipping cost and import duty. All in all I still score way better deals than if I would buy from a store here.

I just scored an '86 San Dimas Rhoads off German ebay, paid 750 euro for her, shipping is about 25 euro and I don't know yet about import duty (maybe there isn't any between European community countries, I'm unsure of this) so all things considered I think that's a very sweet deal. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? But of course it's all a matter of preference. I went for this because I truly love the Rhoads body shape and my '84 San Dimas Rhoads student is by far my favourite player. Great neck, wonderfully comfortable guitar to play. Good luck!

[edit] typo

[ December 03, 2002, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Ironhead_metal ]

Comment

ironhead altough its a great deal, but is it a better idea to ship a guitar instead of buying the dk for 850 euros ? considering all the risks etc. of shipping

Comment

Yes, I'd say so. USA Jacksons a ridiculously cheap to be had nowadays so you should be able to score a decent deal off of ebay or maybe here on the forum. There's tons of horrorstories about shipping, but really I've never had any trouble. If you buy on ebay, make sure you communicate thoroughly with the seller. Besides, Ebay protects you.

You should be fine.

Comment

Hey thanks for the info dude [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

my problem is i want to play a guitar before i buy it...

Comment

Zeno go to Belgium try out the guitar if you like the guitar order it in the USA [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        sounds like a great solution doesn it [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Things to note:

* It's a Japanese Jackson, it's inlikely to be a dud so not playing it before hand is not a huge risk
                          * you can buy it cheaper from the US
                          * Matt at Online Stage Gear (see link at top of the page) will do you one at a quality price
                          * if you buy one of Matt's it's likely to be in tip-top shape and probably well set up
                          * Matt ships to Europe if you pay him

If I had the cash I'd have ordered a DK2 in crimson swril from Matt weeks ago and I'm in the UK.

I ain't got the cash [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] so I'm not torturing myself by constantly looking at it on Matt's page and looking at te lovely prices he has, nope, not me, that's not what I'm doing...

Comment

Working...
                          X