Another Dinky ID question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dinky ID question

Sorry for the common question but I searched the old board and it just seems easier to ask.It's used so I don't know the age but heres the specs:Reverse headstock,reverse sharkfins,24 fret,blank truss cover,nothing on headstock but "Jackson",2 hums with mounting rings,1 vol,1 tone,3-way slider(not toggle),double locking set up with matte(satin?) chrome trem(not smooth,textured),back of neck is finished up to the headstock and serial 98120254.Also,what trem would this be and what are the pickups?Out of 24 other guitars it's my first Jackson and other than needing a good set up it seems pretty decent.I got it for $120 with a brand new Jackson custum fit case so I think I got a good deal.The only real problem is making room for another guitar stand.
    CCS
    My Gear

Re: Another Dinky ID question

Any ideas yet?From what I've seen I'm thinking DX10.Sound right?
    Chris
    My Gear

Comment

It looks like a DR3 to me. Great deal if you ask me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I thought that too but all the DR3's I've seen have the toggle like on a Les Paul,mine has the slider like on a Strat.
        My Gear

Comment

A picture could be useful, [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] don't you think?
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

as well as the toggle selector, the DR3 also has no pickup rings. Maybe it's an older Dinky Reverse, pre-DR3?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Lets see if this works
              [img] pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL99/802227/1421456/16673829.jpg [/img]
              My Gear

Comment

My Gear

Comment

My Gear

Comment

Could be a DR neck on a different model's body?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I didn't think of that.That would explain why I can't find a match.Being the pros that you all are what body would you say it is and what trem is on it?It seems cheaply made but the only other trems I've had were OFR's and those are tanks.The guitar itself plays very well and is a welcome addition to the collection.A friend of mine has a 1985 RR1 neck thru with a Kahler and dots(student?)I'm thinking of getting.He'd like to get $800.Too much or fair?
                      Chris
                      My Gear

Comment

Working...
                      X