I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

ok I'm gettin a new jackson but I dont know what. It will be a DXMG, DK-2, or Rhoads RX-10. I have played the rhoads and DXMG but havent been able to find a DK-2 that I can play. So can someone please help me out by comparing the DK-2 to these 2 guitars. Any help is welcomed.

Re: I need help

I would really think the DK2 is the better of the three you've listed. Newc has one, is very fond of it, right?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have a Dk2 and I like how it plays and sounds. The Dk2 have passive PU's where I believe the DX's have active PU's and you will get a different sound. So you might want to take that into consideration when choosing.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

the dxmg has emg hzs which I think are passive, right? Anyone else have any opinions?

Comment

As always, it depends on what do you want the guitar for.

I'd say overall, get the DK2, lots of flexibility due to the H-S-S configuration, but... If you wanna rock i'd get the DXMG over the RX10, it feels a lot better and I like the HZ's better.

Cheers. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Both the DK-2 and DXMG are nice. I like the DK-2's pickup layout and pickups better(though I would personally replace the stock ones), but I like the neck on the DXMG better than the DK-2's. It's a matter of taste, so play all three guitars and determine which you like best.

Comment

DXMG
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The DXMG looks a little more metal to me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                So I'd go with one, but the DK2 seems really nice, although I've never played one. I've just played the DXMG, but it was one of the indonesian ones, and the neck felt a bit chunky... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I've heard that the necks on the japanese ones are slimmer.

Anders
                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I have played the rhoads and dxmg but the Guitar Satan by me doesn't have any dk-2's and they dont know when they will [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  The next closest place to me that carries Jacksons is about 1 hour away, but their site says they only have dx10s and js-20s so I cant go there either.

Comment

Working...
                  X