Finger-ease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finger-ease?

anyone use this stuff? it cleans/lubricates guitar strings. the directions say to spray onto the strings, but it also obviously gets on the fretboard. they also say you can spray the back of the neck and clean/polish that as well.

my question is, do you think the fretboard will absorb too much moisture by doing this? any harmful effects i should watch for?

Re: Finger-ease?

I used to use it when I first started playing. I learned I didn't like it at all. I stopped using it on my Vandenburg and the fretboard is still fine 10 years later.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

ah. thanks.

i really just use it to clean the strings. on some guitars, i have strings that are months old and they feel pretty damn good after all the playing time ive put on them

Comment

I use GHS Fast Fret. Less oily. I put it on the strings everytime I change them or do a setup. I don't perspire at all when I play, so that's enough. Use more if you sweat a lot.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I use Fast-Fret also. I apply it before playing and give the strings a quick wipe down. Then again after I have finished playing and do a more thorough sting cleaning. I find the strings last a lot longer this way.
          Jackson: DK1
          Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

i used to have some fast fret but my dog would always jump on on the table and chew it up for me.

Comment

just change the strings when they get nasty.
              i tried that fast fret stuff for a little bit and hated the feel.
              i don't need crisco on my strings, thankyouverymuch! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

+1
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I used to use both Finger-ease and Fast fret at different times and I gave up on both. Found changing the strings as needed works better.

Comment

I use finger-ease once in a while, depending on the weather. If I'm playing an outside gig and it's humid outside (like it has been in Jersey lately), I'll use it, but I'll clean the fretboard afterwards.
                    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I used finger-ease when I first started playing. It seemed to fell pretty good, but I noticed it made the strings go dead faster. I later discovered fast fret and I still use it. Some hate it and others love it. It seems to help stings go a little longer. I HATE changing strings! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X