Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10-52 strings in E, but what if I tune down to D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-52 strings in E, but what if I tune down to D?

Hi!

I haven't posted here in a long, long time, but I still visit and read posts.

Anyway. I'm using 10-52 boomers on all my guitars, standard tuning (E). But now my main band is considering tuning down to D. What string gauges should I get, if I want the feel of a 10-52 set in E? All replies are appreciated.

Thanks
    Geir
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: 10-52 strings in E, but what if I tune down to D?

Down a step, up a size. Half-steps down can either go heavier or stay the same.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I use 10-52 in C#, and that rule stays true, I use 9-46 in E. Its all on what feel your after too.

Comment

You could try the GHS ZW 11-60 set. I think that would keep the tension pretty close.

Comment

Re: 10-52 strings in E, but what if I tune down to

I use the same gauge for both E and Eb.

Comment

Re: 10-52 strings in E, but what if I tune down to

Ok... I have one guitar that I tuned in D, long time ago, when I was using 009's, but I seem to remember that I bought 011's for that one, but my memory might not serve me well. The ZW sets from GHS are 10-60 and 11-70, btw. I think I'll experiment a little, and then see... Thanks, guys!
            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Working...
            X