This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Dk-2 currently made??

I own a Dk-2 that I purchased last year that was made in Japan. However, I heard that they started making them in India. Are the new ones such as the Eerie dess Japanese or Indian made? I am thinking of getting one in ED and wondering if they are going to possibly be of lesser quality than that of the japanese ones.(So I've Heard)

Thanks for your help.

[ November 25, 2002, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: MetalStorm ]

Re: Where is the Dk-2 currently made??

I got mine this year (EDS), and it's made in Japan. If I'm not mistaken, Jackson builds almost every import in Japan, only the X series (or not even those) in India or something like that.

Comment

All DK-2s are made in Japan.

Most models that were manufactured in India (such as the DXMG) wre moved to the Japan facility in August of last year. This is because the Indian factory's QC sucked ass.

I'm not sure if the X series is still manufactured in India

Comment

I got my DK-2 in August and it's from Japan
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

They are currently made in Japan and I imagine will continue to be unless FMIC sees a reason to change it.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Mibe was made in Japan, and it kicks big time!
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

The DK2s were always made in Japan.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DK2's are all made in Japan. The JS series is made in India. The new Indian made ones that are now the JS32 and the JS22 now have Shark fin Inlays where the JS30 had dots. And get this, they are cheaper than the JS30's!!! I am a dealer and they sell pretty fast, but the quality isn't up there with the Japanese made Jacksons. The necks are okay and the pickups sound good(not great). Great beginner guitars, but just like anything, if it's made in India or Indonesia or Vietnam(You believe they are making ESP LTD's in F$%king Vietnam????) they do NOT hold their value at all.

Comment

Nice 8 year resurrection
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Nice 8 year resurrection
                    This is possibly the oldest thread I've ever seen raised from the dead...

dannyantell got great necromancy skills!
                    Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat; 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM.
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
                      This is possibly the oldest thread I've ever seen raised from the dead...
                      Got to be; Nov 2002 was when this iteration (board) started! So this thread is from the very first month!

Also, you can tell it's an early thread because *I* didn't chime in here (until today...)
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X