APC pickups?(Adder Plus Corp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC pickups?(Adder Plus Corp)

Does this company have a website to learn more about the models and listen to samples? Can they be ordered directly from that website? If not who stocks them?

Re: APC pickups?(Adder Plus Corp)

I did some forum search now [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I found some really valuable information but I still don't know what sonic characteristics these models have, how much they cost and how to order. I will be putting these in my Edwards LP copy(mah body, mah neck, ebony board). I am basically looking for a passive version of EMG 85 for the bridge. For the neck I want a more bluesy sounding pickup which would still have enough output to match the bridge. So which two APC models would correspond to these descriptions?

Also to the APC users... What kind of guitars do you guys use these pickups in? What kind of pots do you use?(250k, 500k, 1 meg?)

I really appreciate all the help! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Could you post the links to the threads? because i can't find them

Now i'm using 6 strings again i wouldn't mind trying them out.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Just search for APC with the 9 month option in all categories. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So anyone?

Comment

To order and find pricing, you'll have to call up Mel Lace himself. Here's the website... his phone number should be on there:

http://adderplus.com/

Talking to him about the pickups is probably the best bet, although there WAS an older thread where Sunbane described some of the pickups and their characteristics.

The JCF had a nice big group order with small discount some months ago. I was the one who placed the largest order for a WHOPPING FOUR PICKUPS while the rest of the gang ordered one or two... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I STILL haven't installed them into my guitars yet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll get around to it one of these days... gotta borrow my uncle's soldering iron. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You're really sargin' ahead with this boutique pickup thing aren't ya, Veli? Only owned that Les Paul Custom for one freakin' day and you want to remove the Duncan logos and install expensive pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] APCs have huge logos on them, by the way. Enjoy removing them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Talking to him about the pickups is probably the best bet, although there WAS an older thread where Sunbane described some of the pickups and their characteristics.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Indeed. Nothing wrong with your memory, NotP! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The thread is here: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...=true#Post97652

Oh, and if there are plans for ordering another batch, I'd definitely be in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You're really sargin' ahead with this boutique pickup thing aren't ya, Veli? Only owned that Les Paul Custom for one freakin' day and you want to remove the Duncan logos and install expensive pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] APCs have huge logos on them, by the way. Enjoy removing them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Not really... My problem is with Duncans, and their huge stupid logos on the open black coils. I never liked Duncans, except Jazz as a neck pickup and JB to some extent... I simply hate Distortion though, I didn't like it in this guitar either... I just asked that before hand so if I kept the Duncans I would have removed the logos. But they will be gone anyways. The difference is EMG and APCs have classy logos on plastic covers and they actually sound good! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Unlike Duncan...

Also I like EMGs a lot and never found anything like them in the passive realm. I really want to try these to see if they are really "EMG killers" so to speak. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I always wanted something passive with hi-output, clean signal, clarity and crunch of EMGs(especially 85), but it would be kickass if I wouldn't need batteries, if they had four conductors, if they could be used with varitones etc.etc. So my Edwards is the perfect platform to try these babies out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If I like them, I will probably use them in one or two of my other guitars.

Comment

The Seymour Duncan Classic Covers don't have the Seymour Duncan logos, as far as my experience goes. And my experience there is limited to the gold-covered Duncans on my Edwards Les Paul Custom. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They look friggin' classy and I can't complain about the Duncan tone in that guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Good luck with the APC thing... perhaps you'll order yours, get 'em installed, and review them before I get a chance to. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Good luck with the APC thing... perhaps you'll order yours, get 'em installed, and review them before I get a chance to. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I already have my solder gun out! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am giving Mel Lace a call tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] But from what I have read on the other thread it is probably gonna be Persuader Lead Custom on the bridge and Felony X on the neck(maybe Malice). From what I have read so far Mel is a great guy, so I am sure he can give me a tip or two on the phone. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Do these pups come with 4-conductor standard? What kind of pots did you guys use with these?

Comment

500K Ohms is the resistance value APC recommends. You can specify four-conductor... I did with all four of mine, just in case. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You can specify four-conductor... I did with all four of mine, just in case. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Any upcharge for that?

Comment

It was months ago, I don't recall... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I also had to make sure my middle single coil was reverse wound.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I also had to make sure my middle single coil was reverse wound.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Not that I am interested in single coils, just out of curiosity... Why was that? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Something to do with hum-cancelling and polarities in the #2 and #4 Strat positions. The middle coil is typically reverse-wound in these instances.

Actually, I am not sure I needed it reverse-wound, considering my 5-way megaswitch is designed to replace the #2 and #4 Strat positions with neck/bridge humbucker splitting. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's still reverse-wound just in case, I suppose.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              The Seymour Duncan Classic Covers don't have the Seymour Duncan logos, as far as my experience goes. And my experience there is limited to the gold-covered Duncans on my Edwards Les Paul Custom. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Oh by the way, I don't care for the chrome covered look either. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I like open double-black, double-creme, zebra or EMG-style covers. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X