How to remove the Duncan logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove the Duncan logo?

I remember having read a thread about this on another forum. Is there an easy way to take the Seymour Duncan logo off without scratching the bobbins?

Re: How to remove the Duncan logo?

Toothpaste or Brasso and a bit of elbow grease [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I also heard someone claim that some duct tape would remove a fresh logo (stick and rip). I've never tried this myself as I've never owned any logoed Duncans. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Diluted nail polish remover works... start with 4 parts water to 1 part nail polish remover.
        I would not suggest anything stronger than 3 to 1 as it could discolor the plastic.
        If you have fast hands... a quick swipe with disc brake cleaner will do it in two seconds flat. Just wipe it real quick with a touch of it on a rag and then with a wet (water only)rag immedietly afterwards. That stuff will disolve plastic if you leave it on too long. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Or you can just buff it off with a light polishing compound and a Dremel.
        -Rick

Comment

buffer and light cut compound is what i use. takes a few seconds.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Use a light buffing compound.

Comment

Or not even bother and just leave it alone. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Or not even bother and just leave it alone. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

If you want to remove it, it's your choice, but I've never understood what the big deal is about the logo. They never bothered me..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  +1

If you want to remove it, it's your choice, but I've never understood what the big deal is about the logo. They never bothered me..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  They are the Duncan Distortions on my Edwards "John Sykes" LP. While everything is close to perfection this bothers me. I just want the clean double-black bobbin look.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They are the Duncan Distortions on my Edwards "John Sykes" LP. While everything is close to perfection this bothers me. I just want the clean double-black bobbin look.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    *nods*
                    I never liked the look of logos on open coil pickups either. If I were you I'd do the same. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just get a black Sharpie marker. That'll fix it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Just get a black Sharpie marker. That'll fix it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Great idea! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                          X