Floyd Rose Original vs Floyd Rose Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Original vs Floyd Rose Pro

Which one is better the Original Floyd Rose or the Floyd Rose Pro?

Re: Floyd Rose Original vs Floyd Rose Pro

I'd say they're equal. The Floyd Pro is just a lower profile version with the fine tuners angled back a little and the locking pins right at the saddles instead of the longer pins of the regular Floyd that go under the saddles and out the back.
    http://www.floydrose.com/bridges.html
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've often wondered as well.

Comment

I heard the Floyd Rose Pro has more balance

Comment

I know the pro has narrower string spacing than the original. Not sure how much it matters...

Comment

I could never really get comfortable with the Pro.
            I like it's lower profile as far as looks go, but I guess in the end, it's how it feels when you're using it that counts.
            -Rick

Comment

I had a guitar that had the licensed equivilent to the Floyd Pro. The trem cavity on the guitar was not routed deep enough, so when I pulled back the saddle screws would hit the bottom of the cavity, not allowing be to raise the pitch that much.
              I replaced it with an OFR and it solved the problem because the saddle screws are not low profile like the Floyd Pro, thus leaving me more room between the screws and the back of the cavity.

Comment

the original is the only way to go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hmm...well...

First off, I have no hands-on experience with the Floyd Pro (disclaimer)...and I'm pretty drunk at the moment (disclaimer 2). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

...but if it has the angled saddles like the JT580LP, it wouldn't be to my liking. Damn diffiult to do subtle palm muting with that. I personally prefer straight saddles, like the OFR has. You don't get the super-precise control over the palm muting that you'd have with a TOM bridge, but the OFR is the closest I've come (short of trying a Kahler) in that department.

Just thought I'd mention it. I may be wrong about the Floyd Pro, but do investigate the matter before you cash out for it. The JT580LP kinda ruined my faith in lo-pro bridges...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ...but if it has the angled saddles like the JT580LP, it wouldn't be to my liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does. To me, it's just a better-built version of the JT580LP, which I like cuz it's low profile. Of course, I'm biased only because I haven't spent an extended period of time with an OFR-equipped guitar.
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                    X