Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pickup/pickguard assembly

Hi folks:

I would like to know what materials do I need for putting together a pickguard with a Dimarzio Steve Special in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck position. I already have the pickups, the pickguard and a three way pickup blade type pickup selector switch. What I psecifically need to know is:

What kind of pots do I need for these pickups? I want to have 1 vol and 2 tone knobs. Do I need a capacitor? Anything else I need for completing the pickguard/pickup assembly?

Thanks

Re: Help with pickup/pickguard assembly

Try googling "guitar wiring diagrams" and you will find lots of stuff for a 2 hum setup. Also at the seymour duncan website there are some basic diagrams. Also the fender diagram for their 2 hum big apple strat might be what you need allthough Im not sure if that uses a 5-way or a 3-way. Arent the jackson wiring diagrams posted somewhere here on the forum? I think they all specify the types and values for pots and caps. Good luck.

Comment

Re: Help with pickup/pickguard assembly

check Dimarzio for installing the pickup. I recently installed a "hot rail" (seymour duncan) into a strat copy guitar and all I really needed was a soldering tool. Although it might seem intimidating it is actually really easy, just need to make sure the wire is soldered how the orginal pickup was (or how Dimarzio wants you to).

Comment

Working...
      X