Wiring Setup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Setup Question

Ok guys, me being somewhat bad with the electronic aspect of the guitar I want to consult you guys on this one. I'm gonna be getting a custom in November and I'm trying to figure out how to get as much out of my configuration as possible. So here is the lowdown. HSH configuration, I've got a Full Shred in the Neck, a Custom in the Bridge and a Cool Rail middle. With a 5 blade one of the pickups combinations is left out. Which is fine because my original plan was to have a mini switch anyways with the dual sound (inner humbucker coil) option.

The kelly I have now has a 3 way mini switch setup as Dual Sound, off, Phase. So I figured I would just make the mini on this custom Dual Sound, Bridge+Neck, Phase. Then I started to wonder if that would work? Which pickup selection would take precedence? The mini or the 5 way? I hope I am explaining what I am trying to do. If need be I can live without the phase, I rarely use it anyways but dual sound has a really mellow sound that I like sometimes for melodic leads. Maybe I need to just live without one of the pickup combinations, in which case I would probably have to drop one of the combinations with the middle pickup. The original layout I had drawn up on the quote form was this.
    N, N+M, M, M+B, B for the 5 way.
    master volume, master tone,
    Dual Sound, B+N, Phase for the mini.

So wiring wizards, what are my options here, how can I maximize my sound choices, because I get the sinking feeling the layout I have above has some flaws in it.

Re: Wiring Setup Question

Just a bump on this one, cause I don't think I will be waiting till November, I'll probably be ordering it once I have the quote stuff ironed out with the custom shop.

Comment

Working...
    X