Raising a recessed floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising a recessed floyd?

is it possible to raise a recessed floyd rose bridge, making it rise higher from the body like a non-recessed one?

i'm asking because ive just bought an RR1, and i find it really awkward for my picking hand, because im used to the non-recessed floyd on my Shannon Soloist...

thanks
    Guitars:
    Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
    Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
    Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
    BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
    ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Re: Raising a recessed floyd?

You can raise it up, but the action will be too high. The neck on a RR1 isn't angled back like a Shannon.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah, you would need to shim the neck to tilt it back properly.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Kinda hard to put a neck shim on a RR1, no? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Kinda hard to put a neck shim on a RR1, no? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Isn't that what they make chainsaws for? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] J/K
          -Rick

Comment

Duh, Ive got bolt-ons on the brain. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Isn't that what they make chainsaws for? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] J/K

[/ QUOTE ] Shhhhh....Don't give Newc any ideas. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Scott

Comment

the trem block would also need to be replaced, and the Floyd posts would probably become kinda loose after some wild whammy adventures.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Shhhhh....Don't give Newc any ideas. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says I haven't done this yet? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says I haven't done this yet? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Common sense?

Comment

Working...
                    X