Ibanez trem problem URGENT HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez trem problem URGENT HELP

hey guys, i just looked at the bridge of my Ibanez and i looked at the knife edges. This is what i found (i bought this brand new on friday)

WTF! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

What the hell do i do?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Ibanez trem problem URGENT HELP

The pic is blurry. What's the problem? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It looks like the knife edge has been worn away already (slight curve)
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I can't really see what I'm supposed to be looking at, but I assume this is affecting the performance of the bridge? If the knife edges are worn, cracked or uneven, send it back. You could take a clearer picture and send it to Jeff to see what he says....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

well i've emailed machinehead about this and i'm waiting a reply. I just hope that, if i have to pay for a new one, that it wont cost too much. I really am p*ssed off about this, as it cost me an arm and a leg to get it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

If the edge is rounded only on that side, this may be normal. My edge trem is like that. One side is rounded like a floyd and the other side is square. I guess this allows for slightly different spacings but keeps it from "walking" up and down.

Comment

Look at the knife edge itself, is it sharp or does it look mashed? It's been a while since I worked on an Edge trem, but the knife edge probably was machined with a curve in it. You will need a curve at least on one side to keep the trem from shifting from side to side. A OFR has two curved knife edges.

Comment

What model Ibanez is it? If the bridge is an edge/lo-pro edge, then having one side curved and one side straight is normal. These bridges are highly regarded by Ibanez players as the best available (no flaming intended). Goto www.jemsite.com to learn more about Ibanez trem units.

Thanx,
                Pete

Comment

That is normal.
                  That's an Edge pro with the roller saddles. Very nice trem btw and it's typicaly only found on high end Ibanez guitars.

The lower knife edge is supposed to be rounded and the upper one is flat. It acts as a lock to keep the trem from slipping position.
                  -Rick

Comment

my god....i am stupid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

cheers guys
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

looks like it's all fine now, i put a new set of strings on yesterday, so they've had time to stretch, she's staying in tune well. Thank god [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                      X